Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soul-searching question
Soul-searching question
We Europeans don't understand the American psyche. Not really surprising if you consider that Americans don't understand the American psyche either...
But there's this one thing that really irks us:

why don't Americans use front door bells/chimes/buzzers so that callers don't have to kick in the door to get your attention when you happen to be somewhere else in the house?
RE: Soul-searching question
We do?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I have a doorbell. Everyone I know has a doorbell. Where did you get this strange idea that we don't have doorbells? My grandparent's plays Ave Maria! We've got doorbells for every taste here in the U.S.

Wait what? I was not aware of this situation. I propose a rescue package of several million door bells.
Mine goes "Ding dong".

I know right, here we are dumping billions in aide on the world all the while we can't even afford doorbells of our own. That's just how generous we are..lol. So I don't wanna hear any more negative shit about Americans or America. Wink Shades

The only time you'rs rings is for ding dong.

(it just dawned on me..I want a doorbell that says "There is no god", imagine how much hassle that will save me)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Its strange. As much as I know this is bs. It still troubles me.
In 'Friends' they had no doorbells. In '90210' they had no doorbells. In 'All in the family' they had no doorbells. In the 'Cosby show' they had no doorbells. In 'Lucy' they had no doorbells...
Need I go on?
Why don't Europeans like ice in their beverages? I know when I worked downtown, I served a lot of Brits, and they never wanted ice in shit, which is really fucking weird. I would tell them it was free and everything, and they just turned up their little noses, and said, "No, no. That's quite alright. No ice for me, than you."

WTF? Ice makes shit cold, and it's better cold. Everyone knows that!

Then they would ask for tea, and look at me all crazy when I brought them a tall glass of tea, packed with ice and a straw.

"I wanted HOT tea."

Well, then why didn't you say so? And I know for a fact they tell you about tipping on the way over here, and just because our money doesn't have Darwin on it, I still want it, please!

/rant.

(March 14, 2012 at 11:45 am)Rhythm Wrote: here we are dumping billions in aide on the world

Where did you get that bullshit fairy tale?
You're dumping billions of bullets on the world! Not aid (gotta learn to spell it first Big Grin ).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 472 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Soul For Sale! The Valkyrie 14 1406 May 21, 2018 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  I have a homosexual question and incest question? KingKong 39 8695 July 6, 2014 at 1:38 am
Last Post: Amalynne0
Question On Job Searching Holmiidae 3 709 April 30, 2014 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Holmiidae
  "Answer the Question with a Question" Game Rayaan 101 17263 August 14, 2012 at 6:28 am
Last Post: Rayaan