Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hate it when christians say...
I hate it when christians say...
I'm sure everyone has that one thing that will always make you cringe when a Christian says it too you. The one that frustrates me the most is "I'll pray for you". Not sure why, but I fucking hate the thought of them sitting in their room, or worse, in Church, talking about me and discussing what an idiot I am to their imaginary friend, just before they start dancing and speaking gibberish to the son of their imaginary friend, the Jewish zombie.

Would love to know what frustrates you the most? Please don't feel limited to the Christian faith, I only use that one as it is the one I am most exposed to.
RE: I hate it when christians say...
"God works in mysterious ways"

Translation: he's a prick. Or you're too lazy to fix a situation properly.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Quote:Would love to know what frustrates you the most?

People who get their panties in a bunch and whine about such trivial issues is pretty much up there. Perhaps consider getting out of your mom's cellar more often.Thinking
I think "I'll pray for you" tops the list. It's the one thing that's practically guaranteed in any kind of conversation. I also have personal reasons to despise the platitude but I digress.

Another one, though far less common, that sets my teeth on edge is some variation of "never mind, you'll find The Truth™ one day!" (they don't actually pronounce the trademark part, not often anyway). Though I'm not one for violence per se, this one makes me want to push their teeth through the back of their head - which is only fair, since that's where they're talking from anyway.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
"I just worry for you." It essentially means they think I'm going to hell and want to save me. I don't know why I find their "caring" so offensive.

"I know you're a good person." Basically meaning, deep down I must believe in god or I'm usually so nice so why am I retarded about god. Granted most Christians who say this barely know me. "Good person" ha!
(March 17, 2012 at 10:56 pm)padraic Wrote:
Quote:Would love to know what frustrates you the most?

People who get their panties in a bunch and whine about such trivial issues is pretty much up there. Perhaps consider getting out of your mom's cellar more often.Thinking

It's all in good fun. My panties are firmly in place. But I shall take on board your advice Smile
All time most annoying for me is "What if you're wrong?"

"I'll pray for you." is a close second.

"Put down the gun." is probably third. No. Just kidding. That's what i say to them.

"I don't need proof. I have faith." is probably the real third.
"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." -Friedrich Nietzsche

"All thinking men are atheists." -Ernest Hemmingway

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." -Voltaire
(March 17, 2012 at 10:57 pm)Stimbo Wrote: never mind, you'll find The Truth™

As if we're the ones missing something by looking for the truth instead of blindly accepting. [/i]
When my Christian friends tell me I haven't looked hard enough to find Jesus.

I did find Jesus. He's in the same box as Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy.
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
(March 17, 2012 at 11:10 pm)mediamogul Wrote: "I don't need proof. I have faith." is probably the real third.

It feels like victory to me when a Christian says that, as it's the go-to answer when you've stumped them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists how much do you hate God? Authari 136 4798 February 12, 2024 at 3:31 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Stupid things Atheists say... Authari 26 1020 January 9, 2024 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  What would an atheist say if someone said "Hallelujah, you're my savior man." Woah0 16 1373 September 22, 2022 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Why do you hate God? johndoe122931 100 6962 June 3, 2021 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Is it rational for, say, Muslims to not celebrate Christmas? Duty 26 2262 January 17, 2021 at 12:05 am
Last Post: xalvador88
  Statistics, the perfect weapon to justify hate? Ferrocyanide 12 1465 December 21, 2020 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Honestly, I hate the thought of god, zeus and jesus Apex1050 22 2507 July 10, 2020 at 11:03 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Atheists: What would you say to a dying child who asks you if they'll go to heaven? DodosAreDead 91 11026 November 2, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  New atheist here, gotta say, not loving it Rayden_Greywolf 166 22769 November 30, 2017 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Atheist hate having to constantly repeat this.... Brian37 33 6622 October 16, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis