Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would an atheist say if someone said "Hallelujah, you're my savior man."
What would an atheist say if someone said "Hallelujah, you're my savior man."
My own personal Jesus Christ"

From first Matrix movie. Someone would say it if they are grateful for something like. YES! Great job! or something like that!
RE: What would an atheist say if someone said "Hallelujah, you're my savior man."
Depends on my mood at the time, really. I could either own that shit or completely ignore it. I'm a one end of the spectrum or the exact opposite type of person.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: What would an atheist say if someone said "Hallelujah, you're my savior man."
"No touching."
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I would say

[Image: God-exists-mirror-you.jpg]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
I typically try to kick it up a notch.
I would say, "My, that's a random thought."

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(September 20, 2022 at 9:21 am)Ranjr Wrote: I typically try to kick it up a notch.

The question is whether it become a authority issue. Take YouTube website, its an alright site. But the amount of cult followers of... people who follow narcissists is scary.
Other than that for a movie it sounds cool atleast.
(September 20, 2022 at 9:30 am)Woah0 Wrote:
(September 20, 2022 at 9:21 am)Ranjr Wrote: I typically try to kick it up a notch.

The question is whether it become a authority issue. Take YouTube website, its an alright site. But the amount of cult followers of... people who follow narcissists is scary.
Other than that for a movie it sounds cool atleast.

Hero worship can be a bad thing.  The act itself makes me uncomfortable and the feeling that I have to be "on" all the time wears me out.

Okay, story time.  I used to do a lot of sports talk online.  I made friends and began to meet them on game day at the stadium for tailgate parties.  Meanwhile, I had gained notoriety on the site for being funny, smacking opposing fans, and saying things fellow fans enjoyed.  

One game, I couldn't spend much time at the tailgate because my kids were with me.  I would have skipped altogether, but our team was playing Auburn, and some of the Auburn fans had been invited to our tailgate.  I liked those guys and wanted to meet them.  So, the kids and I walked through and spent a few minutes shaking hands and talking with football fans in various stages of sobriety.

As we were leaving, I heard, "So that's Ranjr?"  "Yeah, that's him."  I turned to see a man drop to his knees and begin praising, up and down.  He lived in Flower Mound, Texas and couldn't attend very often.  It was funny, and we all laughed.

But then, Josh, a 6' 5" 280 lbs former player who was deep into the Jack Daniels began to dry hump the man from Flower Mound.  Josh made circles with his right hand, as if holding a cowboy hat, while slapping Flower Mound's ass back and forth with his left.  "Time to go, kids."

So to answer your question fully, I'd rather just shake hands and have a fun chat.  For the sake of the children.
(September 20, 2022 at 9:05 am)Woah0 Wrote: My own personal Jesus Christ"

From first Matrix movie. Someone would say it if they are grateful for something like. YES! Great job! or something like that!

Lin Chi had some interesting advice for people who worshipped saviors.  If you meet the buddha on the road, kill him.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I'd walk on by without any comment.  Deadpan
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid things Atheists say... Authari 26 1097 January 9, 2024 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Is it rational for, say, Muslims to not celebrate Christmas? Duty 26 2317 January 17, 2021 at 12:05 am
Last Post: xalvador88
  Hilarious argument from someone I encountered in the youtube comments Heat 19 4674 April 23, 2020 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  (Sensitivity required) Coming out to someone SlowCalculations 12 1743 October 27, 2019 at 6:14 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Which religion would be easiest for you if you had to be in one? Fake Messiah 31 3186 July 17, 2019 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Losty
  Atheists: What would you say to a dying child who asks you if they'll go to heaven? DodosAreDead 91 11326 November 2, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  If you could replace god with satan, would you? Foxaèr 37 6479 April 28, 2018 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Would you as an atheist EVER do this? Alexmahone 41 6491 December 6, 2017 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  New atheist here, gotta say, not loving it Rayden_Greywolf 166 23461 November 30, 2017 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Can someone debunk this FPerson 162 32550 November 12, 2017 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: Cyberman