Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Does God Exist?
Why Does God Exist?
My question is simple - what is the purpose of God's existence. Its not a matter of him/her/it existing but the question of WHY?

Fire away...
RE: Why Does God Exist?
To punish us for our sins.
To love us Smile Unless we are bad. Grrr.
I posed the same question ages ago. Never really got a good answer. I could add an additional question: Why does god exist?
Just to raise the bar a little. Big Grin
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(March 18, 2012 at 7:05 pm)Napoleon Wrote: To punish us for our sins.

^^ That would be secondary to the purpose of its existence. I know it was meant to a witty response. Wink

But seriously, what is the whole purpose of its existence? The existence of the universe, as we know it is just a matter of chance and there was an overwhelming odds against everything being created.
(March 18, 2012 at 7:08 pm)Ace Otana Wrote: I posed the same question ages ago. Never really got a good answer. I could add an additional question: Why does god exist?

Maybe the question is flawed to begin with. Maybe there just isn't a reason. Maybe that's just what existence is? Does existence need a reason?
(March 18, 2012 at 7:12 pm)Napoleon Wrote:
(March 18, 2012 at 7:08 pm)Ace Otana Wrote: I posed the same question ages ago. Never really got a good answer. I could add an additional question: Why does god exist?

Maybe the question is flawed to begin with. Maybe there just isn't a reason. Maybe that's just what existence is? Does existence need a reason?

Exactly, however that is the one answer I've never gotten from theists.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(March 18, 2012 at 7:08 pm)Ace Otana Wrote: Why does god exist?

Same as my question (title).

Quote:Maybe the question is flawed to begin with. Maybe there just isn't a reason. Maybe that's just what existence is? Does existence need a reason?

Exactly! It does not. Existence, is just that...existence.
But let me hear what the creationists have to offer.

Without our creator who made us in his image, we couldn't know anything.

V/R,
Christian theist
James Holmes acted consistent with what evolution teaches. He evolved from an animal, and when he murdered those people, He acted like one. You can't say he's wrong since evolution made him that way.
(March 18, 2012 at 7:15 pm)elunico13 Wrote: Without our creator who made us in his image, we couldn't know anything.

Thinking

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does anyone convert to Islam? FrustratedFool 28 2231 September 6, 2023 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Why does science always upstage God? ignoramus 940 124254 October 26, 2022 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Does Ezekiel 23:20 prove that God is an Incel Woah0 26 2716 September 17, 2022 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  Why does God care about S E X? zwanzig 83 4974 November 15, 2021 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 11156 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  What do you believe in that hasnt been proven to exist? goombah111 197 24013 March 5, 2021 at 6:47 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Does afterlife need God? Fake Messiah 7 1379 February 4, 2020 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why does God get the credit? Cod 91 7335 July 29, 2019 at 6:14 am
Last Post: comet
  Why does there need to be a God? Brian37 41 7018 July 20, 2019 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  God doesn't love you-or does He? yragnitup 24 4836 January 24, 2019 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler