Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 11:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hibernating bears' wounds heal without scars
Hibernating bears' wounds heal without scars
http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/17404059

Quote:Black bears have a surprising capacity to heal as they hibernate, say researchers in the US.

Medical researchers and zoologists worked together to find that the bears' wounds healed with almost no scarring, and were infection-free.
Cunt
RE: Hibernating bears' wounds heal without scars
Wow! Yep, in my next life I'm gonna come back as a bear.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Nice. I wonder if it's an ability specific to bears, or if human medical procedures would heal more quickly if a person's body were inactive, at rest througout. . .
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD
I am thinking that this has been proven but will have to search later....(night here) ... Thinking
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
-yet another reason to eliminate the bear threat in a massive preemptive strike. In light of this new intel on the enemy's tactical capabilities, I suggest we employ bunker busters at or near the beginning of spring.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Very nice of the bear to be so cooperative.

[Image: _59162911_laskeandiaizzo.jpg]
Yeah I want to see the guy who crawled into a den of hibernating bears to get that information. Talk about your bad jobs.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Without rape, most animal species would go extinct Alexmahone 34 4431 May 25, 2018 at 11:25 am
Last Post: sdelsolray
  47 days (!!!) without a poo, OMFG . . . . vorlon13 14 1135 March 10, 2018 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Directionality in evolution without intelligent guidance tantric 25 5247 January 22, 2015 at 6:19 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Hen gives birth to chick without egg! downbeatplumb 13 6524 April 20, 2012 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  People Behave Socially and 'Well' Even Without Rules KichigaiNeko 50 14370 January 25, 2012 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  Grolar Bears and Narlugas: Rise of the Arctic Hybrids lilyannerose 9 3600 December 16, 2010 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: lilyannerose