Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Celebrate the horrors of the crucifixion with the children, buy resurrection eggs!
Celebrate the horrors of the crucifixion with the children, buy resurrection eggs!
Hey Kids! Wanna relive the horrible torture and murder of your lord and savior? Get your parents to by you some Resurrection eggs! http://www.christianbook.com/resurrectio...TAodWWDfyQ

Just click on the names and get a picture of whats inside these very special eggs. http://www.rainbowcastle.org/resurrectioneggs.html

forget about the candy, teach them good ole fashioned morals instead (map to your nearest synagogue so you can blame the Jews in person not included).
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

RE: Celebrate the horrors of the crucifixion with the children, buy resurrection eggs!
Yeah, like Easter is a xtian festival. I mean originally, before it got hijacked and lightly rebranded.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: Celebrate the horrors of the crucifixion with the children, buy resurrection eggs!
Easter is the time of year when you teach your kids about zombies. You even get chocolate eggs to practice the smashing of heads.
Cunt
Something about the way the entire thing is advertised on that site just makes me feel revolted. Look at all the colorful pictures of happy, smiling faces. How brilliantly they begin the indoctrination on small children; with cheerful, colorful pictures. Guilt-trip indoctrination, hidden behind a visage of innocent joy.

I'm going to puke.
Ostara https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%92ostre

A time of "renewal" equating with the Northern Hemispherian spring.

For us "Down Under" late March April and early May ... it is 'Chocolate Festival' mainly because it is the time of year when you can take a piece of chocolate and eat it before the heat and flies get to it Tongue
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
What really bothers me about resurrection eggs is the concrete examples they give to the story of Jesus's death and crucifixion. They actually include a string to bring home the point that he was whipped and a nail to remind kids it was nailed through the hand/wrist of a living human being. I've seen people use of these eggs when they teach children. It's kind of disturbing. I did question these people as to whether it was a good idea to use of these eggs, but as usual I was ignored.
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

Yeah nothing like teaching children about how great God is by showing them how cruel and inhumanely he allowed his son to be treated. I'm guessing, though, that all but the most brainwashed kids will find these "resurrection eggs" boring. Even as a young brainwashed Catholic, I'd have thrown them aside for the candy.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(March 21, 2012 at 1:41 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: Yeah nothing like teaching children about how great God is by showing them how cruel and inhumanely he allowed his son to be treated. I'm guessing, though, that all but the most brainwashed kids will find these "resurrection eggs" boring. Even as a young brainwashed Catholic, I'd have thrown them aside for the candy.

Yeah, your right. The kids did think these were boring (the kids who were not horrified). Candy and egg hunts are much better. And fortunately the church has gotten off their blame the Jews kick.

And besides, if you really want to traumatize them, just sit them down and have them watch The Passion of the Christ.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(March 21, 2012 at 5:10 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: And besides, if you really want to traumatize them, just sit them down and have them watch The Passion of the Christ.

Oh god. I remember when that movie came out. I was still a fundie then. Everyone pushed me to see it. I told them that the last thing I wanted to see was some guy get the crap beat out of him. It mattered not that this guy was (at the time) my lord and savior. I didn't want to sit through all that. Some people looked at me like I was weird, others thought I was less of a Christian.

When that horrible book "The Shack" came out I didn't join that bandwagon either even though my Sunday School class studied it for several months.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Religious groups in UK failing children over sex abuse zebo-the-fat 1 1135 September 2, 2021 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Church of England 'failed to protect children from sexual abusers' zebo-the-fat 25 1990 October 8, 2020 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: no one
  Telling children that they are going to hell is abusive? Fake Messiah 104 9160 February 9, 2020 at 2:46 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Catholic priests jailed for abusing deaf children zebo-the-fat 14 2553 November 26, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  In what way is the Resurrection the best explanation? GrandizerII 159 14956 November 25, 2019 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Crucifixion question zebo-the-fat 60 4306 April 16, 2019 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Jesus' Crucifixion a parable Foxaèr 56 5890 October 3, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: tahaadi
  Christians: Can you see why atheists don't buy this stuff? vulcanlogician 49 3951 August 19, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Travis Walton versus The Resurrection. Jehanne 61 15627 November 29, 2017 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Do Christian Parents Abuse their Children? Bow Before Zeus 177 27286 November 29, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: Shell B