Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus' Crucifixion a parable
Jesus' Crucifixion a parable
It is a parable on not being religiously gullible.

Jesus' life, albeit most of it was conveniently omitted from the narrative, was relatively blessed.

So some people didn't like him.  Whomsoever has never been disliked by anyone please cast the first stone.

When this man who has been thus blessed throughout his life reaches a pinnacle where he realizes he will die, he shouts out, "Why hast thou forsaken me?"

He shouted that not as a curse against anyone, but instead it was a curse against his own delusions, because wouldn't it have made more sense for a divine intervention to take place to reinforce his delusions when he was most in need of help than when he was blessedly walking around simply preaching his delusions?

The lesson is that those who hold high standards of divinity to be there when they are at their lowest often find a lack of support while continuously supporting that divinity when they are at their best.  This is not to state that they do not also succumb to cognitive dissonance in continuing support of that divinity when "prayers" aren't answered, because the religious mind will psychologically fool itself into accepting god's existence through his "mysterious plan".

Any sympathetic or empathetic person can understand that a god who allows for suffering when it is within his capability to create a world without it is not a god worth acknowledging.
RE: Jesus' Crucifixion a parable
Blasphemer!

[Image: 2cy5y9.jpg]
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 26, 2018 at 8:08 pm)Kit Wrote: It is a parable on not being religiously gullible.

Jesus' life, albeit most of it was conveniently omitted from the narrative, was relatively blessed.

So some people didn't like him.  Whomsoever has never been disliked by anyone please cast the first stone.

When this man who has been thus blessed throughout his life reaches a pinnacle where he realizes he will die, he shouts out, "Why hast thou forsaken me?"

He shouted that not as a curse against anyone, but instead it was a curse against his own delusions, because wouldn't it have made more sense for a divine intervention to take place to reinforce his delusions when he was most in need of help than when he was blessedly walking around simply preaching his delusions?

The lesson is that those who hold high standards of divinity to be there when they are at their lowest often find a lack of support while continuously supporting that divinity when they are at their best.  This is not to state that they do not also succumb to cognitive dissonance in continuing support of that divinity when "prayers" aren't answered, because the religious mind will psychologically fool itself into accepting god's existence through his "mysterious plan".

Any sympathetic or empathetic person can understand that a god who allows for suffering when it is within his capability to create a world without it is not a god worth acknowledging.
Jerkoff 

What is suffering? what if God created a place where suffering was limited to a mild frustration for not getting your way. That is in this world God eliminated all true suffering.

All except for the mild frustration we have when things don't happen the way we plan.

Now for the inhabitants of this world not getting your way is the absolute height of suffering. no one could suffer so much than one who does not get his own way.

So to them not getting their way is no different than dying on a cross. So then the uninformed there would also imonish god for the depths of suffering just as you do because it is not in the true nature of suffering that we or they complain but the inability to change our circumstance to live the life the way we want to live it.
I'll have what he's smoking....
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(June 29, 2018 at 4:30 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: I'll have what he's smoking....

No you won’t.

As a medical professional, do you want me to tell you, in graphic detail, what it will do to your brain?

Not so subtle clue...

🙏
Dying to live, living to die.
(June 26, 2018 at 8:08 pm)Kit Wrote: It is a parable on not being religiously gullible.

I prefer "The Emperor's New Clothes".

Less gore.

More believable.
(June 29, 2018 at 4:30 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: I'll have what he's smoking....

Evidently cancer and other deadly diseases, hunger, abusive situations and killings etc aren't forms of suffering to Dripshit.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

I am sorry. Couldn't help meself.
Why O Why were the Roman such bleeding heart softies and didn’t crucify the apostles as well.
(June 29, 2018 at 4:50 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(June 29, 2018 at 4:30 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: I'll have what he's smoking....

No you won’t.

As a medical professional, do you want me to tell you, in graphic detail, what it will do to your brain?

Not so subtle clue...

🙏

Smoking LSD would be such a wasteful mean of delivery.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Crucifixion question zebo-the-fat 60 4280 April 16, 2019 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The crucifixion of jesus and why it doesn't matter dyresand 54 9827 February 11, 2015 at 3:19 am
Last Post: robvalue
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7227 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Why did jesus have scars from the crucifixion? Brakeman 17 4168 January 21, 2014 at 8:58 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Who witnessed the crucifixion/resurection? taylor93112 30 7626 June 22, 2013 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why was the crucifixion necessary ? pgrimes15 99 34833 August 22, 2012 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: FallentoReason
  Celebrate the horrors of the crucifixion with the children, buy resurrection eggs! Ziploc Surprise 12 6579 March 23, 2012 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: Ziploc Surprise
  Jesus the Spiritual Warrior vs Jesus the Sacrificial Lamb Dosaiah 8 7380 December 5, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist