Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTF is wrong with my state?
WTF is wrong with my state?
Quote:On Monday, the Republican dominated Tennessee Senate passed an anti-evolution bill by a vote of 24-8. The bill, known as HB 368, is sponsored by Republican Senator Bo Watson and “provides guidelines for teachers answering students’ questions about evolution, global warming and other scientific subjects,” according to Knox News, ”The measure also guarantees that teachers will not be subject to discipline for engaging students in discussion of questions they raise, though Watson said the idea is to provide guidelines so that teachers will bring the discussion back to the subjects authorized for teaching in the curriculum approved by the state Board of Education.” The bill basically encourages teachers to present scientific weaknesses of “controversial” topics. In the case of evolution and climate change, both have been scientifically proven and the only weaknesses that have been presented by the right-wing are based on unscientific biblical verses. In other words, Republicans want teachers to use religion to destroy accepted science.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/03/20/...tion-bill/

I am SO MAD!!!!!!!

Devil

There really are no fucking words to describe it. This happens the day before my son's beautiful speech on evolution! He did very well, btw.

They also passed the bill allowing the display of the ten fucking commandments in public buildings.

I must finish school and gtfo of this raggedy bitch!

RE: WTF is wrong with my state?
What is wrong with your state? It's in the south.Smile
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
What is wrong with your state? It's in America.
Cunt
frankie's a bit more correct - this isn't a Bible Belt thing anymore...it's an American ignorance thing. I think our generation lives at the tail end of America's "greatness".
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
You lot could always move here Big Grin
Americas greatness started dissipating when the year of 1994 brought us the neo-cons.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(March 21, 2012 at 8:05 am)aleialoura Wrote:
Quote:On Monday, the Republican dominated Tennessee Senate passed an anti-evolution bill by a vote of 24-8. The bill, known as HB 368, is sponsored by Republican Senator Bo Watson and “provides guidelines for teachers answering students’ questions about evolution, global warming and other scientific subjects,” according to Knox News, ”The measure also guarantees that teachers will not be subject to discipline for engaging students in discussion of questions they raise, though Watson said the idea is to provide guidelines so that teachers will bring the discussion back to the subjects authorized for teaching in the curriculum approved by the state Board of Education.” The bill basically encourages teachers to present scientific weaknesses of “controversial” topics. In the case of evolution and climate change, both have been scientifically proven and the only weaknesses that have been presented by the right-wing are based on unscientific biblical verses. In other words, Republicans want teachers to use religion to destroy accepted science.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/03/20/...tion-bill/

I am SO MAD!!!!!!!

Devil

There really are no fucking words to describe it. This happens the day before my son's beautiful speech on evolution! He did very well, btw.

They also passed the bill allowing the display of the ten fucking commandments in public buildings.

I must finish school and gtfo of this raggedy bitch!
How can you use religion to destroy accepted science?
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Well then I'm pretty fucking proud to be an actual American southerner who uses my brain. My kids are gonna get up and walk out of this shit or be thrown out for asking too many questions, inserting too many facts and not shutting the fuck up about it. I'm not worried about my kids, I'm worried about the downfall of our very species.

(March 21, 2012 at 8:13 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: How can you use religion to destroy accepted science?

Lots of silly people in America don't accept it.
Cunt
By metaphorically putting their fingers in their ears and shouting LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!

Sometimes Americans really are as stupid as you see on TV, Mehmet.

[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's wrong with Woke Spongebob 40 2829 January 23, 2022 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Liz Cheney Says She Was Wrong... Secular Elf 2 340 September 28, 2021 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Ayn Rand blamed for current state of America Foxaèr 61 3131 June 24, 2021 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: no one
  Has Mark Samsel Done A Good Job As A Kansas State Representative? BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1099 May 3, 2021 at 10:56 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Separation of Science and State John 6IX Breezy 233 10415 November 19, 2020 at 7:44 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why is Vatican a state? Fake Messiah 13 1295 November 11, 2020 at 9:07 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Satan and Flying Spaghetti Monster Unite for Church-State Separation AFTT47 2 673 September 23, 2019 at 8:29 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  The GOP, wtf happened? A Godzilla fan 6 1124 July 21, 2019 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The communist state of Kerela, India Duty 5 846 December 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  State level elections in BAvaria yield ground breaking results Deesse23 0 252 October 15, 2018 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Deesse23