Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do I say?
What do I say?
I was talking religion with my friend, when they suddenly came out with this mouthful.

Quote:The very existence of order in the universe proves that the 2nd law of Thermodynamics has been violated. This completely blows apart the naturalist argument, since it destroys their ability to be certain about anything. The big Bang theory is an admission that everything the scientists base their hypotheses on is in flux.

Woah...how the hell do I respond to that? Confused Fall
RE: What do I say?
That he/she is full of shit.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
That religion is in much more flux than science...
I was confused. Loads of words and not much meaning!
The entropy of the entire universe as a WHOLE must increase, and it does. Localized order violates nothing. Your friend is trying to use an argument they themselves do not even understand. Bottom line, they're ignorant.
Ask them to tell you exactly what the 2nd law of thermodynamics is.

Guarantee they will shit their pants.
I'm with Napo. Christians flout thermodynamics, but do not understand it. They simply repeat the poor arguments of others.
The universe/Cosmos/Gad created itself and can do anything it likes. Everything is imagined by Him and although things run smoothly according to the laws of nature, these laws are just imagined like anything else and can be changed with the merest of thoughts.
(March 31, 2012 at 7:34 pm)Bueller Wrote: The universe/Cosmos/Gad created itself and can do anything it likes. Everything is imagined by Him and although things run smoothly according to the laws of nature, these laws are just imagined like anything else and can be changed with the merest of thoughts.

Make believe bullshit.
You should probably stop discussing complicated stuff with that moron. Stick to easy stuff....like basketball or something else inane.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid things religious people say Foxaèr 1085 75705 1 hour ago
Last Post: Fireball
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 17026 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  What will you say to God when you stand before him? The Valkyrie 78 8875 March 5, 2021 at 12:57 am
Last Post: Lightbearer
  What would you say to a god if you met one? The Valkyrie 37 4049 June 1, 2018 at 7:05 am
Last Post: brewer
  Let's say we evolved from Lions Mystic 27 4237 May 29, 2018 at 10:21 am
Last Post: brewer
  Lets say that tomorow it will be proven that God doesn't exist , religion will fade , notimportant1234 54 11176 October 28, 2017 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
Question Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it? theBorg 52 8992 October 3, 2016 at 9:02 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Christians - even the Bible says that Jesus was not God so why do you say he was ? jenny1972 299 43298 November 3, 2015 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: jenny1972
  What is the dumbest thing you've ever heard a theist say? Vincent 74 14157 October 21, 2015 at 10:42 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  What to say to Grandma? cosmowanderer 41 7942 September 4, 2015 at 7:00 pm
Last Post: MTL