Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The power of God
The power of God
In one of my post in 'I AM THE GOD WARRIOR!!' by Wan King I mention that god has been losing his power like this:
6000 years ago he created everything,
2000 years ago he was bring people back to life and healing people,
21th century .... well he can just about make a image of Jesus on a piece of toast or a dogs ass.
Here a convenient graph
[Image: seonw.jpeg]
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: The power of God
I must say, that made me laugh.

Mark 6:4-5 "Jesus said to them, “Only in his hometown, among his relatives and in his own house is a prophet without honor.” 5He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them. 6And he was amazed at their lack of faith."

Just a thought.
Millions are being saved every year by the power of His grace. Sounds like God's power is rolling own.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Look maybe Yahweh went into a serious depression after his only son died. You can't expect a grieving parent to be on top of their game.
"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." -Friedrich Nietzsche

"All thinking men are atheists." -Ernest Hemmingway

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." -Voltaire
(April 1, 2012 at 11:30 pm)Godschild Wrote: Millions are being saved every year by the power of His grace. Sounds like God's power is rolling own.

Saved? there trying to reach to him and make a "connection", what was the last great thing that God did that could not have happened by chance anyway?
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
(April 2, 2012 at 2:13 pm)Gooders1002 Wrote:
(April 1, 2012 at 11:30 pm)Godschild Wrote: Millions are being saved every year by the power of His grace. Sounds like God's power is rolling own.

Saved? there trying to reach to him and make a "connection", what was the last great thing that God did that could not have happened by chance anyway?

Gave salvation to many this day.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(April 1, 2012 at 11:30 pm)Godschild Wrote: Millions are being saved every year by the power of His grace.

And millions more live in misery and die every year because He couldn't be bothered.
Well, humans have picked up most of the heavy lifting when it comes to healing the sick, so God can concentrate on tent revivals now.
(April 2, 2012 at 2:22 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: Well, humans have picked up most of the heavy lifting when it comes to healing the sick, so God can concentrate on tent revivals now.

"Healing the sick" is what he did?
So how come they died?
I think a more plausible explanation than god not being as powerful anymore is that he has seen what his creation is capable of and no longer cares about it. The fact that we haven't been wiped out yet points to the idea that there is no ever watchful, omnipotent father figure watching us.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Regarding the power of religion over emotions Macoleco 19 4055 April 1, 2018 at 4:46 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  How has the church lost power through time? Macoleco 10 1004 September 28, 2017 at 8:46 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Are you and your significant other a "real" power couple? Foxaèr 19 2834 August 4, 2016 at 8:13 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  The Bible & Science: The Ultimate Power Couple athrock 33 4949 February 11, 2016 at 7:45 am
Last Post: Alex K
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19414 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  The use of Religion to control, manipulate, and gain power MusicLovingAtheist 64 9226 September 29, 2014 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Why is belief in a higher power required? Foxaèr 165 59267 June 30, 2013 at 7:06 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The Power of "Similar Thinkers" FallentoReason 1 1097 January 2, 2013 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: jonb
  The power of faith directed at Christians and Muslims Mystic 8 4669 October 28, 2012 at 4:05 am
Last Post: Spectrum
  Power and moral truth Purple Rabbit 5 3032 July 19, 2010 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb