Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else hooked on Game of Thrones?
Anyone else hooked on Game of Thrones?
Anyone else enthused that the Game of Thrones' second season has begun? Funny I watched the first episode last season convinced that I wouldn't like it, got hooked and then read all the books this past summer.

I'm not quite liking the show as much now that I've read the books. I think it is very well done and I appreciate what a challenge it must be to create a coherent screen play for so many characters. Heck the books themselves stretch the same limit. I guess I'm just missing looking forward to finding out what happens next.

I find it interesting that every 'bad guy' character has enough back story to make them compelling and there are no pure good guys. Also, the most appealing characters in the story are all damaged goods in one way or another: a dwarf, a bastard and a cripple. Then there are such a wide range of interesting women characters: ranging from the tomboy little squirt with the sword, to the truly hot dragon gal and your not-so-typical pretty but mean (and incestuous) girl. Plenty more interesting females to come of course.
RE: Anyone else hooked on Game of Thrones?
I really want that book series. . . haven't seen the show, though. Maybe I'll check that out as well.
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD
No .
(April 2, 2012 at 5:15 pm)5thHorseman Wrote: No .

What he said^^
I've heard that it's really good, but I've never read any of the books or seen the show.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone else planting dandelions? arewethereyet 5 721 May 1, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Did anyone else attend HumanLight zoom meeting last night? Apollo 8 1076 December 25, 2020 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Apollo
  Anyone else have that "weird" friend? Atomic Lava 31 2592 November 28, 2019 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Does anyone else remember...? Cecelia 20 1781 July 30, 2019 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Game of Thrones final season [spoilers] arewethereyet 328 23183 May 28, 2019 at 11:00 am
Last Post: tackattack
  "Top 10 Shows That Could Be The Next Game of Thrones." Gawdzilla Sama 11 916 May 21, 2019 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Anyone else had an AF meet up? About to lose my virginity Whateverist 52 8557 April 29, 2018 at 9:12 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Anybody else overthink the most basic shit? Kookaburra 19 2012 March 22, 2018 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Does Anyone Else Ever Feel Like This...? Edwardo Piet 14 2241 November 17, 2017 at 10:32 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Why are people so obsessed with the show Game of Thrones? NuclearEnergy 31 6409 October 16, 2017 at 11:33 am
Last Post: Emmett