Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fallout (1997)
Fallout (1997)
Fallout is free @ GoG.com right now. I'm not sure but it's probably for today only. Get it while you can.

Get it here.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
RE: Fallout (1997)
we recently bought his off ebay, goes off to sulk now.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Holy shit, Good call, Fallout is one of my favourite games of all time.

Time for unarmed combat and groin kicks all the way!
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
But holy shit, did it have a bad combat system. Coming away from the original Diablo, I found it to be so clunky and blah, lacking any visceral effects, I had to rely on the storyline.

Trying to update my sig ...
(April 7, 2012 at 9:33 am)Epimethean Wrote: But holy shit, did it have a bad combat system. Coming away from the original Diablo, I found it to be so clunky and blah, lacking any visceral effects, I had to rely on the storyline.

Did you try to play Fallout in realtime mode instead of turn based?

It's combat system was revolutionary in 1997. Targeted attacks, limb crippling, 100s of weapons, multiple ammo types, traps, combat drugs / implants & a decent sneak / detection system made it truly stand out from other RPGs.

Diablo is just a click fest in comparison. Much less tactical thought required. Still a great game, just not the same kind of game aside from being an RPG.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
I'll admit that I never did. For me, Diablo was everything I wanted a game to be: Quick to start, insanely fun to play, easy to operate, and long enough to make two hour sessions a few times a week consistently interesting through grad school. I am not the sort of person who ceases to exist when a new game comes out. I found Fallout to be fun, but cumbersome.
Trying to update my sig ...
42 hours it's available for free, I got it yesterday so I suppose the offer ends some time soon.
Fallout, man... In a genre ruled by cut-and-dried JRPGs like Final Fantasy, the Fallout series was a breath of fresh air.

I have the original two games already on CD. Still play them from time to time.

"I'm sorry. You're a hero...and you have to leave."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fallout related things wolfclan96 2 983 November 17, 2015 at 11:15 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Fallout 4 vulgar player names abaris 8 3678 August 7, 2015 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Fallout series on sale on steam this weekend abaris 2 931 June 7, 2015 at 5:52 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Fallout like SelfTheist 2 951 August 13, 2014 at 7:42 am
Last Post: Jaysyn
  Fallout new vegas Mothonis 7 1994 September 18, 2013 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: InevitableCheese