Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 9:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fallout like
Fallout like
Any one know anything similar to the old game play for the original Fallouts (1,2 and BoS:T)? I spent a lot of time playing these and the BG series and would love to see if any of this top down style RPG still exists outside of the "history pages"?
RE: Fallout like
The new DivityShockriginal Sin game is turn-based, troupe-gathering, problem solving, and is quite hard (and therefore fun). Not the same kind of game exactly, as it's explicitly fantasy, but I likes the Fallouts, and like Divinity for some of the same reasons. Maybe you would too. A lot like BG I'd say.
RE: Fallout like
Wasteland 2 will be out next month. I helped Kickstart it & have been playing the beta & it's pretty damn good. It's being produced by inXile which is headed up by Brian Fargo (the guy who created the original Wasteland as well as Fallout & Fallout 2) & they are getting help from Obsidian Entertainment's Chris Avelonne (who also worked on Fallout 2 & whose resume reads like a PC gaming greatest hits list) Obsidian is also working on Pillars of Eternity which you may want to keep your eye on for the future.

Alternatively, Fallout: Tactics is also a great game after you patch it & apply the unofficial patches. May be a little light on the role-playing for you, but the tactical combat is bar none.

Finally, as Benny said, Divinity: Original Sin is an excellent tactical RPG, one of the best I've played in years. I beat it about two weeks ago & it was thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish.

P.S. If you haven't played Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment or Icewind Dale II, you owe it to yourself to give those a shot.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fallout related things wolfclan96 2 983 November 17, 2015 at 11:15 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Fallout 4 vulgar player names abaris 8 3663 August 7, 2015 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Fallout series on sale on steam this weekend abaris 2 928 June 7, 2015 at 5:52 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Fallout new vegas Mothonis 7 1991 September 18, 2013 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: InevitableCheese
  Fallout (1997) Jaysyn 7 2371 April 14, 2012 at 8:27 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy