Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fallout new vegas
Fallout new vegas
I just got a used copy of the ultimate edition for 17 dollars.I really liked fallout 3.was this game a good follow up?Your thoughts on this game please.
ALL PRAISE THE ONE TRUE GOD ZALGO

RE: Fallout new vegas
I really enjoyed it. When I first played I kept having issues with bugs and ended up never finishing it. Should be fine now though.
I also liked it. Only issue (for me) is that there almost too much choice. I got so bogged down in so many missions that I couldn't remember half of what I'd done.

Best part about it? You can kill almost everyone. Literally. I can't remember any character that I couldn't kill. Makes it much more like Morrowind in some respects in that you could completely fuck up the missions by just killing the characters that were involved.

In fact, I think you could just finish the game by killing everyone and not doing any missions. Although I guess that would be difficult due to levelling and the fact that you can kill all the shop owners too (eliminating their stock items, at least as far as I can remember).

Better in Skyrim in that respect, where you couldn't kill or do anything to any character with a name.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
I haven't completed Fallout: New Vegas but I have played it quite a bit and have enjoyed it. I found it to be marginally more difficult at times than Fallout 3.

(September 17, 2013 at 7:56 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: Better in Skyrim in that respect, where you couldn't kill or do anything to any character with a name.

Well, you can actually kill many/most named characters - just not any that are essential for completing major quest arcs (and perhaps some standalone quests, etc). Many of those you can kill once they are no longer essential. One of my characters lives in a Whiterun that's practically a ghost town. He likes solitude. And murder.

If you're curious, here's a list of Skyrim essential NPCs and when they no longer are essential.
I prefer New Vegas to Fallout 3. Both are awesome though.
Cunt
Psshhh...I got on my PC and turned Essential NPCs into Nonessentials on Skyrim. The slaughter commenced.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
(September 17, 2013 at 1:56 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Well, you can actually kill many/most named characters - just not any that are essential for completing major quest arcs (and perhaps some standalone quests, etc). Many of those you can kill once they are no longer essential. One of my characters lives in a Whiterun that's practically a ghost town. He likes solitude. And murder.

If you're curious, here's a list of Skyrim essential NPCs and when they no longer are essential.

Well to be fair I wanted to do a run through where everyone got slaughtered. But I kept finding people who would just get back up. Bastards. No time to try again now GTA is out though.

Yeah on my New Vegas game I think the wasteland was littered with the corpses of my foes. Mwahaha. Really funny when people are running away from you/a fight with other NPCs, or they ask you for help, and you just crack out your plasma rifle and blast them in the face.

Ah, happy memories.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
I did every expansion of it except the last one. I just got bored of it eventually, and by that time, I was severely overpowered. Game was fantastic though. I prefer it over three just for the iron sights.
"The consolations of philosophy and the beauties of science; these things are infinitely more awe-inspiring and regenerating and majestic than any invocation of the burning bush or doctrine." - Christopher Hitchens

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fallout related things wolfclan96 2 982 November 17, 2015 at 11:15 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Fallout 4 vulgar player names abaris 8 3661 August 7, 2015 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Fallout series on sale on steam this weekend abaris 2 927 June 7, 2015 at 5:52 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Fallout like SelfTheist 2 948 August 13, 2014 at 7:42 am
Last Post: Jaysyn
  Fallout (1997) Jaysyn 7 2369 April 14, 2012 at 8:27 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Fall out New Vegas. Skipper 4 1352 January 24, 2011 at 3:12 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris