Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi
Hi
Hi, I am peace2u and I am a Muslim.

I decided to join this forum because i found some of the topics and discussions really interesting. I would like to bring an Islamic perspective on some of the discussions and hopefully remove some misconceptions about Islam.
RE: Hi
Welcome along to our little world. And I'd love to hear your perspective as I suspect that there's a lot of mis-information and ignorance out there..
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Greetings. Welcome to the forums peace2u!

EvF
For the record I consider all religions irrational and Islam somewhat more than most of the other mainstream ones but hey, make your case ... I'll listen.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Hello Peace2u.. Welcome to the forums.... .

One side of my family is from Lebanon and do follow the Islamic path of Faith. I was raised between a Christian family and a Muslim one. (Got both sides pulling).

I'm about as Atheist as they come, so good luck with your stay and I'll show you with as much respect as what is received.
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...
(May 30, 2009 at 4:24 pm)Kyuuketsuki Wrote: For the record I consider all religions irrational and Islam somewhat more than most of the other mainstream ones but hey, make your case ... I'll listen.

Kyu

Agree that all religions is irrational. But what make you think that islam to be even more irrational? What I know from reading some of the coran is one of the fundamental views that humanity have been rewarded by Allah, instead of being punished as in christianity for an example.

But otherwise is it as irrational and illogical as any other religion.
- Science is not trying to create an answer like religion, it tries to find an answer.
(June 1, 2009 at 8:24 am)Giff Wrote:
(May 30, 2009 at 4:24 pm)Kyuuketsuki Wrote: For the record I consider all religions irrational and Islam somewhat more than most of the other mainstream ones but hey, make your case ... I'll listen.

Agree that all religions is irrational. But what make you think that islam to be even more irrational? What I know from reading some of the coran is one of the fundamental views that humanity have been rewarded by Allah, instead of being punished as in christianity for an example.

But otherwise is it as irrational and illogical as any other religion.

I never said it was fact, just my opinion but for the record ... any religion that engenders flying men, women and children into buildings inside of winged metal tubes is about as irrational as it gets IMO. And, before anyone tries to tell me that it's only the extremists who did that, try and find some BBC Question Time archives of people being interviewed after 911 and tell me if you see any Islamists objecting! And for god measure why not try that website, I think it's The Religion Of Peace, and look at the list of terrorist atrocities listed, most specifically the number of them ... oh I know they've probably got their own agenda but I think there's a fair chance they've got to get that kind of data pretty much right else face serious criticism and, whatever else they say (I haven't really checked), the sheer number/frequency of terrorist events is mind-boggling.

Of the mainstream religions I firmly believe Islam to be the worst, the least tolerant, the most culturally retarded.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!

Suppose that a person who cannot drive a properly car but buys a brand new BMW and shortly after driving it, he crashes it. Who would you blame? The Person or the Car? Obviously the person. Hence, if there are some followers of Islam who are terrorist and don't know how to practice the religion, you cannot blame the religion for it, you would have to blame its followers.

I agree that they are Muslims who commit evil acts which is against the Islamic Principles and mix up their own ideology with the religion, it would not be correct to blame Islam for it, it would have to be those individuals.

peace2u
(June 2, 2009 at 10:52 am)peace2u Wrote: Suppose that a person who cannot drive a properly car but buys a brand new BMW and shortly after driving it, he crashes it. Who would you blame? The Person or the Car? Obviously the person. Hence, if there are some followers of Islam who are terrorist and don't know how to practice the religion, you cannot blame the religion for it, you would have to blame its followers

Suppose you were to be able to justify those actions against the holy scriptures of the religion is question? But then we don't have to suppose do we?

From P2U By PM:
peace2u Wrote:
Kyu Wrote:"Suppose you were to be able to justify those actions against the holy scriptures of the religion is question? But then we don't have to suppose do we?"

Sorry, but i didn't really understand this comment, could you please elaborate?

No scriptures are perfect, all contain within them abuse, things unacceptable in any way today and condone appalling acts and the "good" believer (the one who like you claims that others who commit bad acts in the name of the same religion) conveniently ignore those bad things ... as far as I can tell it's No True Scotsman Argument all over again.

And please do not contact me by PM with something that you should be discussing here ... as a general principle I am not interested in private conversations with theists.

Kyu
Angry Atheism

"No scriptures are perfect, all contain within them abuse, things unacceptable in any way today and condone appalling acts and the "good" believer (the one who like you claims that others who commit bad acts in the name of the same religion) conveniently ignore those bad things ... as far as I can tell it's No True Scotsman Argument all over again."

Could you please tell me which aspect of the Islam principle you find unacceptable or find abuse in them as you stated that no scripter is perfect.

peace2u