Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:24 pm

Poll: My history of fighting with strangers goes something like this:
This poll is closed.
I have never been in a real fight in my life and I never want to.
22.58%
7 22.58%
I've never been in a fight, but I'd be willing to get in one if the reasons were somewhat valid.
0%
0 0%
I got into a pushing/wrestling match once or twice, but I've never exchanged punches with someone.
0%
0 0%
I've never been in a fight with a stranger but I'd kind of like to try it to know what it's like.
0%
0 0%
I've gotten into a handful of fistfights in my life and I'm hoping that I don't have to do it ever again.
51.61%
16 51.61%
I've gotten into a lot of fist fights and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again some day.
12.90%
4 12.90%
I've actually gone looking for fights. It's fun and I like beating the shit outta people.
3.23%
1 3.23%
I'm a bad-ass. I've actually been paid to fight people.
9.68%
3 9.68%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Throwing Down
Exclamation 
Throwing Down
There was a brawl that started in the bar I played in last night and ended up out on the street. It appeared to be over something ridiculous (as they most always are), and between 5 or 6 guys. I certainly don't have any interest in fighting and haven't been involved in any fisticuffs for many years, but I thought the whole experience might make for an interesting poll about who here thinks they're a bad-ass.

So how bout it? Do you roll chin down, knuckles up or are you lover?

Even you theists can get in on this one. Jesus wasn't afraid to lay the smack down on some money changer ass!
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: Throwing Down
I stay out of shit. Shit still finds me, though, so it helps to be capable of effective self-defense. Thankfully, I've found the nightclubs where people DON'T flex nuts just because they're drunk constantly. Big Grin
(April 21, 2012 at 9:23 am)Creed of Heresy Wrote: I stay out of shit. Shit still finds me, though, so it helps to be capable of effective self-defense. Thankfully, I've found the nightclubs where people DON'T flex nuts just because they're drunk constantly. Big Grin

So your answer to the poll is no, you've never been in a fight with a stranger?

in my college years (underage drinking), it was almost a sport. i loved a scrap once it started, but despised it before it started. i prided myself on being quick with words and figuring out a way to avoid without looking like a chump. it didn't always work. now tho, when i get home from work as a contractor, my body stiffens up like i took the blue pill. lol. no desire to ever fight again but i know some real dyckheads and they make it hard. Big Grin
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
(April 21, 2012 at 9:25 am)Cinjin Wrote:
(April 21, 2012 at 9:23 am)Creed of Heresy Wrote: I stay out of shit. Shit still finds me, though, so it helps to be capable of effective self-defense. Thankfully, I've found the nightclubs where people DON'T flex nuts just because they're drunk constantly. Big Grin

So your answer to the poll is no, you've never been in a fight with a stranger?

I thought the poll's question was "Do you prefer to fight or not?" XD It's sure worded as such...
(April 21, 2012 at 9:37 am)Creed of Heresy Wrote: I thought the poll's question was "Do you prefer to fight or not?" XD It's sure worded as such...

Yes and no. There are answers in the Poll that would obviously imply that you like (prefer) fighting, but the Poll and the OP are rather an inquiry into your history of fighting. I was just stating that you didn't actually tell us if you had ever been in an actual fight .... not that you're required to ... I was just noting that you didn't say.

(April 21, 2012 at 9:45 am)Cinjin Wrote:
(April 21, 2012 at 9:37 am)Creed of Heresy Wrote: I thought the poll's question was "Do you prefer to fight or not?" XD It's sure worded as such...

Yes and no. There are answers in the Poll that would obviously imply that you like (prefer) fighting, but the Poll and the OP are rather an inquiry into your history of fighting. I was just stating that you didn't actually tell us if you had ever been in an actual fight .... not that you're required to ... I was just noting that you didn't say.

Oh, I've been in fights plenty of times. Some just your average fights. Had a fight for my life twice, though. That...didn't end well. .__.
Been in some fights and have never been hit. It's extremely rare for me to get into any kind of fight, even in high school it's rare. Never really need to result to violence, only sometimes when bullies just don't get the message. Bullies trying to show off in front of their friends and only end up humiliated when knocked to the ground. Which is why they always target the weak. Knock them down the once and they should leave you be. I will always try to reason with them but some are beyond reason, kinda like mindless zombies. Just gotta beat the shit out of them, the only language they understand.

If I ever get into a fight, you can be sure it was trouble looking for me, not the other way round.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
I will admit this ... they are entertaining to watch. I mean the whole bar was just contagious with energy after the brawl broke up. Probably says a lot about the human race. Undecided

Don't get me wrong, I still want nothing to do with them, but its certainly something to see. I suppose that's why Ultimate Fighter and pro Boxing are such big sellers.

I used to go looking for fights up until about 18/19yrs of age and I enjoyed it, but now I do anything to stay away from them, hense answering 3 of the polling choices.

I now even feel a bit sick to the stomach when I see people fighting.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheist Discussion down Thumpalumpacus 16 1206 June 15, 2022 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Cats Will Not Take This Lying Down Minimalist 81 9295 September 1, 2018 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Shut Everything Down - Barack Obama Just Won The Internet BrianSoddingBoru4 30 2675 August 5, 2018 at 1:26 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  First World problems getting you down? We're here for support. ignoramus 68 7345 June 18, 2018 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Deep Down I Wish I Could Just Hug You Fuckers Edwardo Piet 25 2777 October 18, 2017 at 1:33 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Putin is hands down the best president right now ErGingerbreadMandude 22 3802 October 5, 2017 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  How Social Media Is Dumbing Down Our Society Foxaèr 5 2211 July 17, 2017 at 10:31 am
Last Post: Aroura
  Just wanted to share something I wrote because I'm feeling kind of down WisdomOfTheTrees 1 825 April 23, 2017 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Athene
  How would you recommend one go down a few pant sizes NuclearEnergy 22 2133 February 27, 2017 at 10:17 am
Last Post: frankiej
  Just throwing it out there and Joods 35 3557 April 11, 2016 at 2:26 am
Last Post: robvalue