Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Church stance on gay marriage "for good of society", says Bishop Michael Nazi
Church stance on gay marriage "for good of society", says Bishop Michael Nazi
Don't you just love it when people's names just line up like that?

Church stance on gay marriage "for good of society", says r-Ali
"Sisters, you know only the north; I have traveled in the south lands. There are churches there, believe me, that cut their children too, as the people of Bolvangar did--not in the same way, but just as horribly. They cut their sexual organs, yes, both boys and girls; they cut them with knives so that they shan't feel. That is what the Church does, and every church is the same: control, destroy, obliterate every good feeling. So if a war comes, and the Church is on one side of it, we must be on the other, no matter what strange allies we find ourselves bound to."

-Ruta Skadi, The Subtle Knife
RE: Church stance on gay marriage "for good of society", says Bishop Michael Nazi
I'm sure Herr Von Popenfuhrer will make this guy an Obersturmbannführer and give him his own tank.
RE: Church stance on gay marriage "for good of society", says Bishop Michael Nazi
Quote:“The church is not in this to protect its own interest, it is in this discussion for the sake of wider society in this country generally," he said.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd prefer that an organization charged with covering up child molestation not be in charge of deciding what is 'for the sake of wider society.'
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
The fucking church has never done anything except for its own interests.

Luther may have been an anti-semitic, cocksucking dirtbag....but he wasn't wrong.
What I don't understand is why the don't hate shellfish & polyester blends just as much as they hate homosexuals.

Toss up between latent homosexual tendencies & cherry-picking I guess.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
And don't forget disobedient children and working on the fucking sabbath.

Xtians are, primarily, full of shit. This explains much of the discrepancy.
It's a sad day when you truly realize that an organization that abuses children is looked upon highly, but same-sex couples are metaphorically and physically bashed.
There's actually a teeny tiny group of Christians who believe that the Bible isn't against homosexuality. They say that most of the passages that read to be against homosexuality when taken in historical context were actually against acts that were part of pagan idol worship, pedestry or other things. It has some small amount of scholarly support if I remember correctly. I was interested in it when I was Christian because the traditional stance of course made no sense to me.

Now that I look at it, it's probably just a new case of revisionism brought on by pressure to keep Christianity relevant. It seems that it's impossible for Christianity to stay relevant for very long in its "true" form (whatever that may be) as science and society changes.

"What do you know!? The Bible doesn't really teach the sun revolves around the earth after all if we just completely reinterpret this verse."

"What do you know!? The Bible doesn't teach 6 day creation after all if we just fit 4 billion years of evolution between these verses!"

Etc etc...
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Why should he? This would go against his faith.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
There are no passages which speak to homosexuality as a sin. It is often expressed that homosexuality comes along with sinful practices (such as those you mentioned above). Context Nazis might have a shitfit with their favorite passage in this regard, about the unlawfulness of a man that lay with a man as he lay with a woman. It is the domination and subjugation of another man that is at issue in this passage. These people valued their masculinity greatly. They didn't like "flaming" homosexuals, or lady-boys. If two hirsute men wanted to ream each other in the manliest possible way, no harm no foul. The anti-gay stance, Tea, would be revisionism. It was assumed to keep christianity relevant. The cultures which spread christianity had a decidedly anti-homosexual bent that we do not see present in the faiths or cultures of the ANE. This is actually the case over large swaths of the world. We seem to be far less tolerant of such relationships today than we were in the distant past. You don't have to go very far searching for a myth structure that extolls the virtues of homosexual love.

Our sexual hangups are not the sexual hangups of the ANE.

(we had an amusing thread about this awhile back)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why don't Southern states outlaw interracial marriage? Jehanne 12 1153 July 26, 2022 at 7:55 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Are conservatives in this country trying to turn 'Murica into Nazi Germany? Foxaèr 11 1445 May 6, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Liz Cheney Says She Was Wrong... Secular Elf 2 339 September 28, 2021 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Transgenderism versus Interracial Marriage. Jehanne 3 525 April 18, 2021 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Exhorting Atheists to Solve Society's Ills Prof.Lunaphiles 21 1943 April 18, 2020 at 3:49 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Russia's Putin wants traditional marriage and God in constitution zebo-the-fat 17 1543 March 4, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why wasn't Trump destroyed like Michael Jackson? WinterHold 11 1259 January 2, 2020 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Elizabeth Warren On Marriage Equality BrianSoddingBoru4 8 1544 October 15, 2019 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Saudi Arabia: a stance against the beast WinterHold 4 484 November 8, 2018 at 1:02 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Ideologues - The Biggest Danger to a Society Mechaghostman2 15 1422 August 30, 2018 at 11:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger