Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shit man, im a natural born killer!
Shit man, im a natural born killer!
Or arent we all i should say? Nobody here would argue here that man is a natural being. Most people think that if its nature then it has to be good right? People justify smoking a little weed.. because it comes from the earth "its natural" Some people justify homosexuality because its "natural" and other animal species practice it. Or the example i can most relate to, its natural for people to want to try diffenent things that they are told not to, such as drugs and alcohol. They may have some choice at the beginning but once the hooks go in and they become addicted. To be "high" becomes their "natural" state and to be anything other than feels supremely "un natural"

Then we have the ugly side of nature. Some animals eat their young. Human beings theist and atheist commit horrible crimes against their fellow man. Nature is survival of the fittest. Only the strong survive and the runt dies with no compassion or second thought.

Do you think human beings are born evil and have to learn to be good? or do you think we are born good and at some point turn evil or have evil tendencies now and then?

Its kind of scary to think but there are alot of people that wont kill you simply because they dont want to go to jail for a long time. Some people will kill you and not care if they go to jail for it. These kind of people usually have had a bad childhood, no guidence and nobody to give a crap about them their whole life. So they are left to figure things out on their own and what they figure out sometimes is that life isnt sacred or "worth anything".

This question goes out to the people who believe that we are made up of energy and when we die the energy disperses back into the universe.

If we are souless matter and its all random, then the feelings we feel, the bonds we make with other people, our thoughts and beliefs, everything. Its all just a never ending chain of chemical reactions.

why are you concerned with how anybody is treated? animal rights? equality for all men and women? fairness?
Why is it wrong when somebody cuts me off on the highway to beat their brains out with a hammer? Thats what comes natural to me at 1st thought. Its natural to lie to get out of trouble or get ahead. its natural to kill those that oppose you.

How is man the only animal that can defy his very nature? We compare ourselves to animals on various issues. None of them has the ability to defy their nature.

Islam has killed millions in the last decade, lets focus all attention on Christianity!
RE: Shit man, im a natural born killer!
Except that natural does not equal good, we are not the strongest, and we learn both good and evil.

Why lead in with this massive pile of bs, if you want to make the moral argument make it. You won't like the way it turns out.

Pro-tip: it is also within our nature to be kind, compassionate, and honest. At least, it's in mine. Is god the only thing compelling you towards these attributes?

:takes about 20 steps back and loads his rifle....:

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:Its kind of scary to think but there are alot of people that wont kill you simply because they dont want to go to jail for a long time.

It's even more scary to know that there are people who will kill you simply for not believing in the same invisible sky-daddy that they do.

[/quote]
Too many questions.
You saw a question in that pile of trash? All I see is "goddidit".
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 25, 2012 at 9:14 pm)Rhythm Wrote: .... "goddidit".

Sounds like a fundamentalist social network in the making!

Anyways, as for "defying our nature." I doubt "nature" in that sense is real. I can do anything I want and it would be according to my "human nature" because I'm human.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(April 25, 2012 at 9:03 pm)deciple Wrote: If we are souless matter and its all random, then the feelings we feel, the bonds we make with other people, our thoughts and beliefs, everything. Its all just a never ending chain of chemical reactions.

Either you didn't read anything I said about the non-randomness of natural laws, both to you and others elsewhere, or you dismissed it all; unless there's some other agenda going on. Whatever the case, I has a disappoint.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Man has always survived by manipulating his environment according to his needs. Why should societies be any different? We want to live in a certain way, in a certain type of society. To that end, we care about rights and all other crap, to enact change according to our desires.
"Do you think human beings are born evil and have to learn to be good? or do you think we are born good and at some point turn evil or have evil tendencies now and then?"

I think humans are born. I think they grow into their environment and adapt to it in the best way they can. Some don't adapt very well to reality. These ones love scripture, as it promises simple ways out of failure.
Trying to update my sig ...
(April 25, 2012 at 9:03 pm)deciple Wrote: If we are souless matter and its all random, then the feelings we feel, the bonds we make with other people, our thoughts and beliefs, everything. Its all just a never ending chain of chemical reactions.
How far down into that rabbit hole do you want to go? What do you see as the alternative to electro-chemical operations and why? And is your main concern ethical behaviour or nature of mind?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Relationship between programming languages and natural languages FlatAssembler 13 1154 June 12, 2023 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Does a natural "god" maybe exist? Skeptic201 19 1664 November 27, 2022 at 7:46 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  In Defense of a Non-Natural Moral Order Acrobat 84 7152 August 30, 2019 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Do Humans have a Natural State? Shining_Finger 13 2507 April 1, 2016 at 4:42 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Natural Order and Science Harris 452 42285 March 24, 2016 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Governments are The Number one Killer Koolay 52 7082 September 12, 2013 at 9:18 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Natural Laws, and Causation. TheBigOhMan 3 1593 June 4, 2013 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: TheBigOhMan