Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now This Is No Fucking Surprise!!!!
Now This Is No Fucking Surprise!!!!
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/201...143856.htm

Quote:cienceDaily (Apr. 26, 2012) — A new University of British Columbia study finds that analytic thinking can decrease religious belief, even in devout believers.

The study, which is published in the April 27 issue of Science, finds that thinking analytically increases disbelief among believers and skeptics alike, shedding important new light on the psychology of religious belief.

“Our goal was to explore the fundamental question of why people believe in a God to different degrees,” says lead author Will Gervais, a PhD student in UBC’s Dept. of Psychology. “A combination of complex factors influence matters of personal spirituality, and these new findings suggest that the cognitive system related to analytic thoughts is one factor that can influence disbelief.”

Researchers used problem-solving tasks and subtle experimental priming – including showing participants Rodin’s sculpture The Thinker or asking participants to complete questionnaires in hard-to-read fonts – to successfully produce “analytic” thinking. The researchers, who assessed participants’ belief levels using a variety of self-reported measures, found that religious belief decreased when participants engaged in analytic tasks, compared to participants who engaged in tasks that did not involve analytic thinking.

Apparently all we have to do is get people like G-C, Drippy, and the rest of the idiots to THINK. Who would have guessed?
RE: Now This Is No Fucking Surprise!!!!
(April 27, 2012 at 3:38 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Apparently all we have to do is get people like G-C, Drippy, and the rest of the idiots to THINK. Who would have guessed?

Ha! Good luck with that.
I admit that it hasn't worked so far. Thinking is hard for sheeple.
God condemns analytic thinking. It disproves his existence.
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
Clap That made my day!!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I've got WHAT ? Jesus fucking christ !! vorlon13 24 6253 June 4, 2017 at 11:58 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Carthaginian DNA - Not So Much Of A Surprise. Minimalist 0 1287 May 26, 2016 at 12:48 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Okay "god" you fucking poser....Top This! Minimalist 12 2376 March 11, 2016 at 3:12 pm
  Five things about animal taxonomy that may or may not surprise you. Duke Guilmon 9 3362 March 24, 2015 at 4:14 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I Wonder How Good Fucking "God" Would Do If Minimalist 58 9380 December 30, 2013 at 9:42 pm