Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One in 7 people think the world will end soon
One in 7 people think the world will end soon
Apparently one in seven people think the world will end soon. http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/0...XH20120501
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

RE: One in 7 people think the world will end soon
Does it really matter? Either they're right (and in that case, they won't be celebrating it for long) or then they're wrong (and we here at AF can get a good laugh/palmface) Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

What do figure the mean IQ of the bottom 7th of the population is? Rhetorical question. Somewhere between a box of rocks and a sack of hammers, no doubt.

I'm pretty sure that given any boneheaded proposition, you can get a significant number of people to believe it.
(May 5, 2012 at 4:47 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: What do figure the mean IQ of the bottom 7th of the population is? Rhetorical question. Somewhere between a box of rocks and a sack of hammers, no doubt.

I'm pretty sure that given any boneheaded proposition, you can get a significant number of people to believe it.

This is definitely true. Apparently 1 in 5 US tourists in Scotland believe the Haggis is a real animal Tongue
(May 5, 2012 at 4:49 pm)tobie Wrote:
(May 5, 2012 at 4:47 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: What do figure the mean IQ of the bottom 7th of the population is? Rhetorical question. Somewhere between a box of rocks and a sack of hammers, no doubt.

This is definitely true. Apparently 1 in 5 US tourists in Scotland believe the Haggis is a real animal Tongue

We have catching contests.
Cunt
(May 5, 2012 at 4:49 pm)tobie Wrote:

Ahhh.... but do you mean the Highland Haggis or the Lowland Haggis?
(The highland haggis has shorter legs on one side so that it can stand up straight on the side of hills, but it can only walk clockwise around the hill, going the other way makes it fall over!) Smile
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Quote:What do figure the mean IQ of the bottom 7th of the population is?

Perhaps it relates to egocentricity. IE People can't bear the thought that the world will continue happily without them,and in many cases,a little moreso.

Quote:This is definitely true. Apparently 1 in 5 US tourists in Scotland believe the Haggis is a real animal

Ah, well,yes, that's because they ARE real, although rare and very shy. I actually caught a glimpse of one on the Isle of Skye in 2000. Oh, did I mention, I have small bags of kangaroo feathers (approx 120gm) for sale? Only $US99.99 (plus $US9.99 p&h).Angel Cloud
(May 5, 2012 at 4:58 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote:

Ahhh.... but do you mean the Highland Haggis or the Lowland Haggis?
(The highland haggis has shorter legs on one side so that it can stand up straight on the side of hills, but it can only walk clockwise around the hill, going the other way makes it fall over!) Smile

That's how you hunt them of course. You leap out of a bush and frighten them into turning around to run off, and they roll down the hill into the carefully positioned net you put there earlier.

Also, it's only the females that have a clockwise bias, the males have the short legs on the other side meaning they have to go anti-clockwise. This makes mating a very delicate balancing act which not all of them get the hang of. Which, coupled with the hunting outlined above, explains why the Highland Haggis population is declining in the wild. I expect most people have never even seen one outside of captivity.

An old poachers' trick is to leave a trail of rocking horse droppings. Apparently the Haggises go for the stuff like cats with catnip.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Quote: Ah, well,yes, that's because they ARE real, although rare and very shy. I actually caught a glimpse of one on the Isle of Skye in 2000. Oh, did I mention, I have small bags of kangaroo feathers (approx 120gm) for sale? Only $US99.99 (plus $US9.99 p&h).Angel Cloud

Bags? Pouches you mean? You're a monster!

If only the people who think the world will end soon will give me all their earthly possessions in return for none of my money which they will have no use for after the world ends anyway.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1322 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Trucker Protest - End all COVID Mandates Now HappySkeptic 44 1916 February 23, 2022 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  [Serious] Kuala Lumpur Islamic summit: did the night of the vassals began to end? WinterHold 16 1115 January 2, 2020 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  The End Of the Pathologization Of Intersex Amarok 1 468 July 7, 2019 at 4:00 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump Claims He Can Use Executive Order to End Birthright Citizenship Seraphina 43 3125 November 2, 2018 at 9:44 pm
  It's Just One Vote and It's Just One Carbon Footprint Duty 16 1019 October 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm
  How will the Trump Presidency end? (Poll) TheBeardedDude 55 14683 October 18, 2018 at 11:26 am
Last Post: Alan V
Shocked Do you think Trump will be arrested or kicked out of the White House soon? WinterHold 32 3813 July 25, 2018 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: John V
  The Republicunts Go Off The Deep End Minimalist 5 1349 March 24, 2018 at 8:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Trump May End DACA Program Seraphina 30 9082 September 8, 2017 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus