Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitting Names
Fitting Names
I was reading a little about Quantum Field Theory and who the first few pioneering scientists were when a very funny coincidence happened. One of the pioneers of Quantum Field theory was Julian Schwinger and I recognized the word Schwinger as the German word for oscillate and as we all know, that is exactly what Quantum Fields do.

What are some examples of real names that fit with their profession?
RE: Fitting Names
We have a known meteorologist here in Finland, Pekka Pouta, and funnily enough, pouta means dry weather Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(May 6, 2012 at 9:37 am)Kayenneh Wrote: We have a known meteorologist here in Finland, Pekka Pouta, and funnily enough, pouta means dry weather Big Grin

In Spanish that would be spelled puta and translates as bitch.
I would like to present for your consideration,

Practitioner of Vasectomies
Dr Dick Chopp
http://www.urologyteam.com/?q=dr-richard-chopp

I do not believe it gets any better than that.
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
(May 6, 2012 at 10:19 am)NoMoreFaith Wrote: I would like to present for your consideration,

Practitioner of Vasectomies
Dr Dick Chopp
http://www.urologyteam.com/?q=dr-richard-chopp

I do not believe it gets any better than that.

Have you checked out the other doctors in the same team?

Dr. Stephen Hardeman
Dr. Lester Wang

Just sayin'...
I knew a guy in highschool whose last name was 'Potts' and he and someone else got busted with a load of weed Big Grin
In McMinnville there is a doctor named Harry B. Cure.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Countries have different names in different languages Dundee 22 2111 June 26, 2021 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Awesome names for baby boys and baby girls ErGingerbreadMandude 37 3646 February 14, 2018 at 2:40 am
Last Post: energizer bunny
  Names. Longhorn 28 3537 January 28, 2018 at 8:41 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Anagrams of user names robvalue 72 7799 December 29, 2016 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: A Handmaid
  Common Suburb names ignoramus 8 1434 July 7, 2016 at 10:55 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Changing names is fun! Iroscato 102 9664 October 27, 2015 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Losty
  The most ridiculous city names in the US rado84 47 8622 July 16, 2015 at 1:19 am
Last Post: c172
  What is the origin of the names of the states in USA? rado84 15 2241 July 14, 2015 at 8:27 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Boy's Names.... Minimalist 10 4351 May 10, 2013 at 12:03 am
Last Post: Darth