Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boy's Names....
Boy's Names....
This story....

http://apnews.excite.com/article/2013050...V1J80.html

Quote: Jacob is the most popular for boys - again - and Sophia is the top name for girls, according to the list released Thursday.

It was Jacob's 14th straight year at the top. Next were Mason, Ethan, Noah and William. Liam cracked the top 10 for the first time, coming in at No. 6. Daniel slipped out of the top 10 for the first time since 1998, to No. 11.

reminded me of this George Carlin bit.

RE: Boy's Names....
I laughed Smile Picking names for kids is tough.
Scruffy refuses me the right to name our future son Garrus or Théoden.. Dodgy
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

"T Rex" was a non-starter for my wife.
I wanted to go with Neil deGrasse Tyson, followed by my last name. I was vetoed.
Reminds me of.......

Quote:There was a crowded waiting room at a medical office and the patients had signed in and a nurse called their names when it was their turn to see the doctor. At one point, the door opened and the harried nurse came out, picked up the list, looked at it strangely, shook her head and called out:

"Shithead McCoy!"

A stately black woman rose and walked slowly towards the open door. As she passed the nurse she quietly said,

"That's pronounced, 'Sha-Thee-Ad.' "
i saw this and looked under the girls most popular names. i have twin girls born in 2012 named abigail and madison. both are on the list. I got a kick out of thatSmile
My dad wanted to name my sister Trillian.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I never understood the first name of a person. It always seemed odd to me that you had no choice in your name throughout your life. Yes, I do realize that a baby can't name itself you smartj-asses, but most people who hate their name (which I do not) will still keep it out of some sense of duty or maybe just plain old habit.
You have to have it your whole life, and since many parents are fucktards when it comes to names (like naming a boy Francis), you should change your name to whatever you wish to be called.
[Image: Evolution.png]

I'm all for adults choosing their first names. Reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6l5AZILFmg

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Countries have different names in different languages Dundee 22 2107 June 26, 2021 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Boy how time flies Brian37 3 434 December 26, 2019 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Awesome names for baby boys and baby girls ErGingerbreadMandude 37 3646 February 14, 2018 at 2:40 am
Last Post: energizer bunny
  Names. Longhorn 28 3537 January 28, 2018 at 8:41 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Female wants to join Boy Scouts Richard Loeb 30 4391 March 10, 2017 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Anagrams of user names robvalue 72 7796 December 29, 2016 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: A Handmaid
  baby boy name. vote your fav! Catholic_Lady 94 7984 July 16, 2016 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: rado84
  Common Suburb names ignoramus 8 1433 July 7, 2016 at 10:55 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Starting work on making a PIP Boy dyresand 4 1167 November 19, 2015 at 10:04 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Changing names is fun! Iroscato 102 9663 October 27, 2015 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Losty