Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What stops you from sinning in heaven?
Shocked 
What stops you from sinning in heaven?
I was just wondering, from a Christian point of view, what stops the Christian from sinning in heaven? Do you not have free will anymore when you get there? (I'm assuming of course that no one in heaven will ever sin which is what I think most Christians think)

I think I remember from my days as a Christian learning about how Christians will get a "new body" in the afterlife. Is this what keeps you from sinning in heaven? If so, this would seem to imply that it's our current bodies that causes us to sin. Assuming this is true, it seems that it would have been better for God to give all men better bodies.

Also, what sort of body did Adam and Eve sport? Was it the same sort of body that Christians get in the afterlife? Assuming that it was not the same body as in heaven, and assuming that the new body prevents one from sinning, why did not God simply give Adam and Eve the new better body?

But in any case, assuming that no one in heaven will ever sin, what stops a person from sinning in heaven?
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
RE: What stops you from sinning in heaven?
(May 10, 2012 at 11:06 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: But in any case, assuming that no one in heaven will ever sin, what stops a person from sinning in heaven?

Magic!
[Image: Evolution.png]

(May 10, 2012 at 11:06 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: I was just wondering, from a Christian point of view, what stops the Christian from sinning in heaven? Do you not have free will anymore when you get there?
Short answer is no.

Quote:(I'm assuming of course that no one in heaven will ever sin which is what I think most Christians think)
The "Heavenly" experience is divided into two distinct time periods pre and post millennial reign. Pre millennial is where even boarder line Christians live under Christ. At the end of this reign Satan will be loosed again to harvest those find themselves discontented living under the reign or rule of Christ. After this final rebellion and the final judgement those left will live in the expressed will of God.
Rev 20

Quote:I think I remember from my days as a Christian learning about how Christians will get a "new body" in the afterlife. Is this what keeps you from sinning in heaven?
Apparently for the first 1000 or so years just the novelty of being in Heaven.

Quote:If so, this would seem to imply that it's our current bodies that causes us to sin. Assuming this is true, it seems that it would have been better for God to give all men better bodies.
"we" started out with perfect ones.

Quote:Also, what sort of body did Adam and Eve sport? Was it the same sort of body that Christians get in the afterlife?
bible does not say.

Quote:But in any case, assuming that no one in heaven will ever sin, what stops a person from sinning in heaven?
We elect to live in the Expressed will of God.
The only sure thing we can say about Adam's body is that he did NOT have a belly button.

Generally speaking, force of habit. Our position in the afterlife is determined by the nature of our love which becomes increasing fixed. If we loved the Lord and our neighbor during life we continue growing in that direction. If we love only ourselves and our sin more than the Lord and his blessings then we continue in that choice. The Lord never takes away our freedom. An on-going process of regeneration expands our capacity to love and be productive. Freedom increases in heaven as we become more of what we truly are. In contrast, the damned keep chasing after illusions. The ambition of Sisyphus to prove his control and might prevents him from leaving the rock at the bottom of the hill and being useful to others.
(May 10, 2012 at 11:06 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: I was just wondering, from a Christian point of view, what stops the Christian from sinning in heaven? Do you not have free will anymore when you get there? (I'm assuming of course that no one in heaven will ever sin which is what I think most Christians think)

I think I remember from my days as a Christian learning about how Christians will get a "new body" in the afterlife. Is this what keeps you from sinning in heaven? If so, this would seem to imply that it's our current bodies that causes us to sin. Assuming this is true, it seems that it would have been better for God to give all men better bodies.

Also, what sort of body did Adam and Eve sport? Was it the same sort of body that Christians get in the afterlife? Assuming that it was not the same body as in heaven, and assuming that the new body prevents one from sinning, why did not God simply give Adam and Eve the new better body?

But in any case, assuming that no one in heaven will ever sin, what stops a person from sinning in heaven?

Mind you, Adam and Eve were not in heaven when they were created, they were in the Garden of Eden, a different place than "heaven".
And their sin was to disobey. They also had physical bodies, they had to eat and drink and breathe. They were humans in the physical sense.

In heaven, there obviously will be no need to "sin", but I think from Revelations, a thousand years of peace will reign, and then, the peoples of heaven will be put under a final test. Whosoever passes this one, will be "near God". I guess the euphoria of what it means to be near, or close to God should be so unimaginably high, that no one would ever have the need to sin. I'd imagine it as being better than scoring with the finest woman ever, or eating the best kebab, or drinking the finest of wines, or doing the most potent of drugs, or all at the same time.
In short, your ego would be filled in excess, so that you would want nothing more than to be close to God, in heaven.
For what kind of bodies people will have in heaven...Well, as God has used his own soul to fuel the human body, I guess that everyone will resemble the manifestation of God a little bit. Who knows what God looks like, or if our souls take the shape of our worldly bodies. But I guess one can only know after getting there.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
"They will be like the angels in heaven" -Jesus
What is an angel?
"Its not what your looking at that matters, its what you see." -Henry David Thoreau
♪Oh, I get lost in my mind Lost, I get lost I get Lost in my mind Lost in my Mind Yes, I get lost in my mind Lost, I get lost I get lost I get lost Oh, I get♪ -The Head and the Heart
"You are wise, witty and wonderful, but you spend too much time reading this sort of stuff.”- Frank Crane
(May 10, 2012 at 11:42 pm)C Rod Wrote: "They will be like the angels in heaven" -Jesus
What is an angel?

What God should have made us as in the first place?
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(May 10, 2012 at 11:21 pm)Drich Wrote: The "Heavenly" experience is divided into two distinct time periods pre and post millennial reign. Pre millennial is where even boarder line Christians live under Christ. At the end of this reign Satan will be loosed again to harvest those find themselves discontented living under the reign or rule of Christ. After this final rebellion and the final judgement those left will live in the expressed will of God.
Rev 20

Bwahahahaha!!!

[Image: smiley_laughing.gif]
o my god that is so funny. I too know exactly what happens when you die and how it's all set up. let me tell you about it....
I was reading this really really old book, written by dozens and dozens of unknown authors, some with borrowed names, and it told me this awesome story about streets of gold and big castles and crowns of gold and gems ... and I could fly around wherever I wanted and eat pie all day and spend time with Ronald Reagan and Billy Graham. It's so awesome. It's gonna be like Harry Potter except with tons of gold and no evil stuff.

I'm gonna have to go without my free will, but it's still gonna be so so so cool. We're all gonna be mindless super-heroes with three worship services every day to tell Captain Heaven that he's sooooo awesome. I'll probably have tons of gold too. God really likes gold. Me too!!! I think I'll get a golden toilet. I probably won't need one because I'll probably poop gold.

Anyway, if you have any more questions, I know all about the afterlife because of this sweet book I found.

Clap retarded
[Image: Evolution.png]

(May 10, 2012 at 11:48 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote:
(May 10, 2012 at 11:42 pm)C Rod Wrote: "They will be like the angels in heaven" -Jesus
What is an angel?

What God should have made us as in the first place?

But angels were there before humans.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(May 10, 2012 at 11:51 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote:
(May 10, 2012 at 11:48 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: What God should have made us as in the first place?

But angels were there before humans.

That's not my problem.
I'm going to later fairly respond to what has been put forth above, but for now, I just want to say that this thread is going to be hilarious.
My ignore list

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I literally cannot avoid sinning; so, why... zwanzig 70 3769 July 23, 2023 at 7:43 am
Last Post: no one
  Is there free will in Heaven? zwanzig 54 4573 April 12, 2021 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Sinning, as Jesus and the church say, is good. Turn or burn Christians. Greatest I am 71 5477 October 20, 2020 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Eternity in Heaven - Scary? JairCrawford 47 5484 July 26, 2018 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Pope Francis -- dogs go to Heaven! Jehanne 34 5535 October 19, 2017 at 3:46 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  There is a difference between salvation, and the rewards of Heaven Drich 45 13664 July 31, 2017 at 9:27 am
Last Post: Drich
  Why do Christians want to go to Heaven? Fake Messiah 52 19133 June 28, 2017 at 9:29 am
Last Post: Astonished
  "heaven" meme on facebook drfuzzy 34 7780 May 2, 2016 at 4:44 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Are there animals in heaven? Mermaid 53 8513 November 7, 2015 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  My thoughts on heaven dyresand 24 7205 November 3, 2015 at 5:57 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd