Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I literally cannot avoid sinning; so, why...
I literally cannot avoid sinning; so, why...
If I can't avoid sinning in this life, like no matter how hard I try, how much I love god, then why do I deserve to be punished? Why do I need to be forgiven for something I literally can't avoid doing?

RE: I literally cannot avoid sinning; so, why...
Since jesus died for your sins, how do you still have any?
The issue is adhering to their concept of sin, which is essentially made-up nonsense.

You ever hear that quote where the only real sin is harming others unnecessarily?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Sin is nothing more than a priestly construct designed to control people through fear and guilt.  Dodgy
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
(July 12, 2023 at 7:50 am)Ten Wrote: If I can't avoid sinning in this life, like no matter how hard I try, how much I love god, then why do I deserve to be punished? Why do I need to be forgiven for something I literally can't avoid doing?

I think the real question is why should you or anyone be responsible for anything here on earth when you had no freewill choice to be born into a world that Satan has power and influence over your thoughts and actions?

(July 12, 2023 at 7:50 am)Ten Wrote: If I can't avoid sinning in this life, like no matter how hard I try, how much I love god, then why do I deserve to be punished? Why do I need to be forgiven for something I literally can't avoid doing?

If they're christian religious then they can't quit reaching for the golden ticket.

Crucified
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
If only a competent god had made humanity(according to Christian myth) One that dd put a world dooming tree near of pair of adult children.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

It's a good question, but it can be better explored without reference to sin or gods.  

Take a severely unwell person, who kills another person as a consequence of their illness.  Let's imagine they very much loved the victim.  Do they deserve to be punished, and can they ever be forgiven?  Should they get exactly what they deserve...or should we treat them more harshly or less harshly than they deserve?  Do they need any of this, or is this for us?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

The devil made me do it.  So don't blame me.
Administrator Notice
Deleted three duplicate posts.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question to theists: When to take the bible literally? T.J. 22 1849 November 26, 2021 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Sinning, as Jesus and the church say, is good. Turn or burn Christians. Greatest I am 71 5445 October 20, 2020 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Theism is literally childish I_am_not_mafia 391 58447 November 16, 2017 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Is it possible to avoid masterbation or nocturnal emission if you aren't married ? The Wise Joker 63 9395 January 31, 2017 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  I Have Proof the the Christian God Does Not and Cannot Eist Rhondazvous 89 14253 July 5, 2016 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  How to avoid confusion in your Christian belief. Pyrrho 14 3551 May 25, 2015 at 9:16 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  You Cannot Trust What You Believe Davka 10 3508 January 16, 2015 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Davka
  Avoid Halloween! Christian 50 8978 November 5, 2014 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Violet
  How much of the Bible do you believe literally? xpastor 61 11043 February 14, 2014 at 8:04 am
Last Post: Marvin
  Christians, your God cannot be Perfect. Mudhammam 31 6924 January 10, 2014 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: truthBtold