Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
couple motorcycle rides coming up, interested?
couple motorcycle rides coming up, interested?
anyone here close to the east coast in the states and ride motorcycles independently (not with a club)? i'm going to East Coast Sturgis (maryland) in august and any sporties, choppers or cruisers are welcomed to join.

before then, i plan to do the Natchez Trace with one other friend (so far). absolutely awesome trail 440mi of absolute scenic beauty. may hit that one in late june, that's an open invite too. only prob is it's the dirty dirty south, it runs from tennessee to mississippi (yikes), so words longer than 2 syllables are not welcomed.

link of sturgis... http://www.eastcoaststurgis.com/
link of the trail... http://www.nps.gov/natr/index.htm

would love to ride in with at least a couple atheists in tow, be sure to have some interesting convos after the beers start to flow. Big Grin
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
RE: couple motorcycle rides coming up, interested?
Bummer. I have a pal who hits the Rendezvous rally in New York next month. She won't be at any runs, though. I'll let you know if any of my other biker pals are hitting it.
That far down south in June is going to be wicked hot and very humid. Be prepared.
Religion is not the answer-it is the problem. Everything considered, we would be better off without it.~Baubles of Blasphemy~Edwin F. Kagin

"Much better to have the ability to think critically, than the ability to quote scripture. One says you have a functioning mind. The other says you're a parrot." -- The Secular Buddhist
(May 11, 2012 at 10:24 pm)Shell B Wrote: Bummer. I have a pal who hits the Rendezvous rally in New York next month. She won't be at any runs, though. I'll let you know if any of my other biker pals are hitting it.

that would be cool. Big Grin

(May 11, 2012 at 10:25 pm)Sciwoman Wrote: That far down south in June is going to be wicked hot and very humid. Be prepared.

i used to live in miami, so yes, i'm well aware of the funk of that humidity. there's always cold beer and limited clothing anyway once u step off the bike. lol.
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
I ride , but it'll be a bit hard to get there.Undecided
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
yeah, of course i thot of zen and kichi, but also realized you're in oz. be nice if you so happened to be here around then.
(May 12, 2012 at 7:12 am)jackman Wrote: yeah, of course i thot of zen and kichi, but also realized you're in oz. be nice if you so happened to be here around then.

I'd be happy to ride with you mateBadger
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Take care on the ride. I've been riding for thirty years. Don't really get into the Harley zombie scene, which is why I ride a VMax.
Trying to update my sig ...
thanks man. vmax is an awesome ride. i was caught up in harley zombieism for a while. i was looking hard for a 71 ironhead kickstart (71 b/c the year i was born) but when i found a looker, i took it for a ride and fuckin hated it. end of that dream, it was too skinny and felt ratty under me. next day i rode the v92sc (victory) and that was all she wrote. it's fat, loud and strong (1507cc) - my kind of bike. :-)
I like Victory in a big way. American, not dinosaurish, and a great foil to Harley cultism. I may buy a Vegas soon.
Trying to update my sig ...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coming upon a smashed $70K truck. Jehanne 6 628 December 26, 2022 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Brace yourselves... Christmas is coming! T.J. 71 2728 December 25, 2021 at 11:22 am
Last Post: brewer
  What is job like in Motorcycle Showroom ? Megabullshit 13 852 April 1, 2019 at 1:46 am
Last Post: Megabullshit
  You knew this thread was coming. Foxaèr 42 3084 October 21, 2018 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  The zombies are coming! Foxaèr 18 1943 May 21, 2018 at 10:45 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Coming to America Cyberman 49 4099 January 13, 2018 at 11:42 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Any motorcycle lovers here? ErGingerbreadMandude 16 2300 October 7, 2017 at 8:58 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Have you attended a wedding for a same sex couple? Divinity 17 2039 November 9, 2015 at 1:33 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Coming to terms with not finding romantic love dyresand 19 4431 July 22, 2015 at 3:12 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Couple of things... Joods 0 679 May 26, 2015 at 11:14 pm
Last Post: Joods