Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Fundamentalist Pastor Takes to YouTube to Fault Women for All Social Ills
Fundamentalist Pastor Takes to YouTube to Fault Women for All Social Ills
Holy shit! This guy really believes that all the social ills in society stem from women who have rights and power. He thinks women are too emotional to have power -they can't handle it. Women shouldn't have the right to vote. Women shouldn't have any reproductive rights. And he believes that men are weak for not controlling their women. This is some serious bullshit.
DevilDevilDevilDevilDevil

Here's the link: http://www.rhrealitycheck.org/article/20...hame-woman The 12 minute long Youtube video is a bit nauseating. The text in the article is important. I'd recommend you read it. Furthermore I think it might be a good idea to leave a comment in the Youtube comments section. If you do, understand that this pastor is extremism ignorant and may not understand witty criticism.
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

RE: Fundamentalist Pastor Takes to YouTube to Fault Women for All Social Ills
I watched about a a minute of it and had to exit stage left. What an idiot. I'm very glad that the U.S. is no longer like what he envisions. Very glad for our women and our men alike.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
Meh. Not too eloquent that one. After watching two minutes and he had said: "..all that kind of stuff" at least six times, I stopped watching. Just your regular fundie idiot.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(May 13, 2012 at 12:16 pm)orogenicman Wrote: I watched about a a minute of it and had to exit stage left. What an idiot. I'm very glad that the U.S. is no longer like what he envisions. Very glad for our women and our men alike.

Actually this belief still exists, it's just suppressed. I fear if the religious right gets more power these beliefs will resurrect themselves. I think Rick Santorum's looneyness was an early example of what could happen.
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

Well, some member of the little dick crowd invented this for their fictional "Paul" to say to the equally fictional "Timothy" and as a result we end up with the oppression of women for fifteen centuries.

Quote:1 Timothy 2:11-15

New International Version (NIV)

11 A woman[a] should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;[b] she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15 But women[c] will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

This makes me very, very angry.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
(May 13, 2012 at 1:19 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Well, some member of the little dick crowd invented this for their fictional "Paul" to say to the equally fictional "Timothy" and as a result we end up with the oppression of women for fifteen centuries.

Quote:1 Timothy 2:11-15

New International Version (NIV)

11 A woman[a] should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;[b] she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15 But women[c] will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.
"Little dick crowd", you have an interesting way of wording things there Min. I like it. Clap

Somebody needs a kick in the nuts.
(May 13, 2012 at 2:59 pm)Annik Wrote: This makes me very, very angry.

Decades ago when I was growing up I heard about dinosaurs like the preacher on the video. It saddens me to think that these people are getting a voice again. It's like we're going back in time.

Frankly I like the turn the women's rights movement has taken recently. In the 80's the stereotype for feminists was to be rather masculine and angry. Now I see many feminists in short skirts and low cut blouses and they aren't angry. It's like they are saying "fuck the establishment" with every swish of their skirt. I find this amusing. Women are allowed to show more skin. It's like saying "So what, (male) I made you want to look at me. If you're religion punishes you for looking at a woman that's your problem not mine." Again I find this amusing.

More importantly I like the fact that women are pushing the notion that it's ok for them to sleep around. For too long the double standard has existed. It used to be that women were considered to be sluts for having multiple partners but men were envied. Now women seem to say "so I sleep around, so what."

I may be wrong about this but I think this is what is bothering the religious community so much. Controlling breeding/sex rights is a primitive idea that doesn't seem to want to die.

BTW, I know that my statements can be used for humorous remarks and that's ok I guess but I'm serious. I'm glad that women don't have to cover up to keep men's minds pure or to control breeding/sex rights. I'm glad that there are people out there who are trying to destroy the double standard about sex. There has been too much bullshit for way too long.

(May 13, 2012 at 12:39 pm)Ziploc Surprise Wrote:
(May 13, 2012 at 12:16 pm)orogenicman Wrote: I watched about a a minute of it and had to exit stage left. What an idiot. I'm very glad that the U.S. is no longer like what he envisions. Very glad for our women and our men alike.

Actually this belief still exists, it's just suppressed. I fear if the religious right gets more power these beliefs will resurrect themselves. I think Rick Santorum's looneyness was an early example of what could happen.

I didn't say that this kind of nonsense doesn't exist, just saying that that is not what the majority of Americans believe.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Came across something on YouTube and had a very immature thought GODZILLA 20 2873 October 5, 2018 at 9:30 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Religions Role in Social Movements, Essential or Accidental? Neo-Scholastic 17 3487 October 4, 2018 at 3:58 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Had an interesting encounter with a so called Christian on social media today GODZILLA 16 2468 May 24, 2018 at 12:19 am
Last Post: Astreja
  If God created all the good things around us then it means he created all EVIL too ErGingerbreadMandude 112 20840 March 3, 2017 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  ★★ We are all atheists/atheistic to ALL Gods (says simple science) ProgrammingGodJordan 80 12777 January 13, 2017 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: ProgrammingGodJordan
Wink The Attraction System In MEN & WOMEN Proves God Exists!!! Edward John 69 13356 December 12, 2016 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Church demands the victim apologize to pastor's wife since the pastor did the rape. Foxaèr 122 15892 September 17, 2016 at 4:30 am
Last Post: rado84
  Feminism: why am I supposed to worship women's feet again? WinterHold 168 26254 April 12, 2016 at 5:03 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  Confessions of a former Christian fundamentalist. Jehanne 56 14322 December 27, 2015 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: Delicate
  This Takes the Cake Blondie 30 5681 October 24, 2015 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon