Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Church demands the victim apologize to pastor's wife since the pastor did the rape.
Church demands the victim apologize to pastor's wife since the pastor did the rape.
Quote:Columbia Road Baptist Church in North Olmsted actually banned a teenage girl and her family from attending services until she apologizes to the wife of the man who sexually abused her.

http://addictinginfo.org/2016/09/09/yout...ists-wife/
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Church demands the victim apologize to pastor's wife since the pastor did the rape.
Blaming the victim is usually a part of Stockholm Syndrome, isn't it?

RE: Church demands the victim apologize to pastor's wife since the pastor did the rape.
I thought Stockholm Syndrome was the victim being incapable of blaming the culprit.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
It wouldn't surprise me if it happened - because people can be shitheads - but as it currently boils down to one person's word against the other with respect to the alleged apology request I'm not gonna assume it went down exactly like either party claims.
(September 10, 2016 at 12:59 am)Maelstrom Wrote: I thought Stockholm Syndrome was the victim being incapable of blaming the culprit.

No, it's actually the victim sympathizing with his victimizer -- similar, but not the same. But I was wrong in thinking that one of the mechanisms is blaming the victim. It's often the case in abusive personal relationships (which are a form of SS), and abusive relationships do often involve victim-blaming. Thanks for reminding my to check my resources; I was on my phone earlier and that's why I was uncertain, but I'd forgotten to look into it further until reading this reply.

How the fuck does this work... oh for fuck's sake religion is retarded.

BTW Where are all the theists on AF? Am I just blind to them because I'm only seeing what I wanna see because I'm tried of their shit?
I think the girl should apologize: 'Mrs. Pastor - I'm truly and deeply sorry that I didn't cut the balls off of your perverted, paedophilliac, rapist husband to prevent his doing to other underage girls what he did to me. I'm also sorry that I belonged to a church whose members did absolutely nothing to prevent this absolute horror of a human being you call a pastor from preying on children.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 10, 2016 at 4:07 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I think the girl should apologize:  'Mrs. Pastor - I'm truly and deeply sorry that I didn't cut the balls off of your perverted, paedophilliac, rapist husband to prevent his doing to other underage girls what he did to me.  I'm also sorry that I belonged to a church whose members did absolutely nothing to prevent this absolute horror of a human being you call a pastor from preying on children.'

Boru

Yes, yes and yes again!
I think public castration with a rusty bread knife would be good too  Sad
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Personally I'd have thought two bricks would be a more appropriate method...
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
(September 10, 2016 at 12:57 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Blaming the victim is usually a part of Stockholm Syndrome, isn't it?

In this case the Syndrome is simply that Old Time Religion!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Religious culture is the problem, not religion. Since Atheist culture can be good or Snideon 17 1849 July 17, 2020 at 5:55 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  Did you know the movies God's Not Dead 1 and 2 did well at Box Office? Renug 12 4457 May 30, 2017 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Mormon: "There is no such thing as rape." Tiberius 148 34998 December 9, 2014 at 11:03 am
Last Post: John V
  Rape in the Bible Nope 152 14197 December 8, 2014 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Did King David rape Bath-sheba? Tonus 77 24945 December 3, 2014 at 2:38 am
Last Post: Drich
  My Youth Pastor's Pleading Letter to Me Amalynne0 41 7069 July 25, 2014 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Stop Masturbation Now! And Help Preventing Self Rape. Zidneya 19 11652 June 28, 2014 at 11:55 pm
Last Post: Zidneya
  Pastor states "religion and politics interrelated" Foxaèr 7 2798 May 25, 2014 at 9:59 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Is killing a Pastor always a bad thing? Mystical 85 22886 November 9, 2013 at 8:51 am
Last Post: T.J.
  Im atheist but my wife isn't BlasphemousMusic 13 3854 June 7, 2013 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: BlasphemousMusic