Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 3:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP- "Lady Fazer"
RIP- "Lady Fazer"
I had sold my bike ("The Lady Fazer") over two weeks ago to a young colleague of Zen's who adored her from the moment he saw her. These past few days have been hectic and here is why

[Image: 545363_10150910999207460_696402459_97962...6098_n.jpg]

[Image: 305625_10150911000262460_696402459_97962...1023_n.jpg]

[Image: 543561_10150987941591241_617871240_12590...4639_n.jpg]

The damage is irreparable and the damage to the rider is...

[Image: 545429_10150974752722534_664792533_12316...4600_n.jpg]

All because some fuckwit driver didn't LOOK! Angry
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
RE: RIP- "Lady Fazer"
Oh shit! This is why I am afraid to ride with my dad on his bike, he's a terrific driver, but southern Swedes are terrible ones..
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I would and STILL, and do, ride. This would have happened even if you were in a vehicle (in which case you MAY have come off just as badly if not worse as "Whip-Lash" is a very hard condition to identify and can take ages to show up.... just as debilitating imho

Take that ride with your Dad Kayenneh...it is something he loves to do. Heart
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Gute besserung, mein Freund.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
What can I tell you?? To 'Ride a Motorcycle' that is totally under YOUR control and YOUR responsibility to get home safely. It is such a joy, so liberating; something that the majority just can't understand and are afraid to try, something that is SEEN as rebellious but is the most strict and demanding of occupations.

To 'Ride' is to take your life into your OWN hands, on YOUR terms! You fuck up? = YOUR fault, could you have done something better? Could you have AVOIDED the situation? Could you have BEEN a better Rider? All these things and more go through a riders mind; but first and foremost is "Is the Bike ok?" So much has "riding" been linked to the actual riding of a Horse it is amazing. How Riders feel about their bits of machinery is in one way sad but in another way understandable....not unlike the rider and his horse is a rider and his / her bike.

To 'Ride' is to take your life into your own hands. Live or die, by your own fuck ups, and this is atheism for me, and those I ride with. Big Grin
The damage doesn't seem too extensive, are you sure it can't be saved?
(May 23, 2012 at 7:17 am)LastPoet Wrote: The damage doesn't seem too extensive, are you sure it can't be saved?

Oh you ARE sweet LP. Heart

No she can NOT be saved. Sooo much damage!! For a start, the Left front fork is completely snapped. The Faring is completely off it's attachments and smashed to bits..... The Tank is dented Right left AND centre. The Frame is completely cracked warped and busted! Sad Tail is completley gone the way of the dodo, not to mention the internatl damage to the crankcase etc. I tried to help them put her onto the Tow truck and I could just 'Feel' the amoount of damage that this bike had suffered.

What REALLY pisses me off is the Audi SUV just did a U-turn without looking!
i hate that (last minute maneuvers and turns without signals from drivers). people think the road is only theirs, sometimes, and don't even give bike's a chance. so sorry to see this kichi and i hope you're feeling better both physically and from having to sell lady fazer. Smile
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
Some people have said..Oh you were on the bike so it would not have been so bad if you were in a car. To THAT I say BS! Angry

I agree Jackman, people just don't think and don't look, and don't have any situational awareness...and it pisses me off big time!
Well Kichi it's not that I don’t feel sympathy for Zen’s young colleague, but I’m glad you weren’t on her.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Happy Birthday, Catholic Lady pocaracas 31 1801 February 7, 2018 at 12:18 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  How Catholic is Catholic Lady? Edwardo Piet 33 5817 August 30, 2017 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  RIP Lemmy Kilmister Mechaghostman2 20 2996 December 30, 2015 at 10:03 am
Last Post: abaris
  We Had To Let Lady Go Today Minimalist 34 5041 October 20, 2013 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  RIP Sir Patrick Moore Cyberman 11 3203 December 11, 2012 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Cyberman