Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snake handler dies at 44
Snake handler dies at 44
Snake handler dies at 44

Quote:A Mercer County man who is believed to be the pastor in a faith that includes the handling of poisonous snakes as part of some religious services, was pronounced dead Monday morning at Bluefield Regional Medical Center.

Perhaps his faith wasn't strong enough? Thinking
RE: Snake handler dies at 44
It goes to show that Mark 16:9 onwards is all made up. I've seen Christians drink 'deadly poisons' and they get drunk just like I would.

It's things like these that I don't understand. How is it possible for any Christian to take the Bible literally if there's direct evidence such as what you have provided and even the casual alcoholic drink that shows these supernatural aspects aren't real?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
(May 31, 2012 at 2:45 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Snake handler dies at 44

Quote:A Mercer County man who is believed to be the pastor in a faith that includes the handling of poisonous snakes as part of some religious services, was pronounced dead Monday morning at Bluefield Regional Medical Center.

Perhaps his faith wasn't strong enough? Thinking

44? Pity,probably already sired a few units. Angel Cloud
If someone hadn't sold him snake oil in the first place.
Ssssh, natural selection is at work.. leave them to it...
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
(May 31, 2012 at 6:02 am)NoMoreFaith Wrote: Ssssh, natural selection is at work.. leave them to it...
That would be fine if they didn't vote or have children they poison with their superstition.

You are never going to fully get rid of humanity's irrational beliefs, but you cant always just "leave it alone". This is just one idiot. There are far more who live full lives and spend it trying to spread their delusion.

When the Texas School board tries to erase Jefferson from textbooks, and tries to treat Crapinism equal to evolution, when politicians invoke god on both sides of the isle, you have to pay attention to keep it at bay, even if you cant get rid of it.

It would be nice if we could "leave it alone", but we cant, their delusions always end up affecting others.
Darwin award!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
I am going to start a thread now that you mention "Darwin Award".
(May 31, 2012 at 2:57 am)FallentoReason Wrote: It goes to show that Mark 16:9 onwards is all made up. I've seen Christians drink 'deadly poisons' and they get drunk just like I would.

It's things like these that I don't understand. How is it possible for any Christian to take the Bible literally if there's direct evidence such as what you have provided and even the casual alcoholic drink that shows these supernatural aspects aren't real?

If only all Christians drink deadly poison that would kill them but shouldn't, and handle poisonous snakes that would kill them, but shouldn't.

Then at least their faith would be good for one thing - ridding the world of idiots stupid enough to hold them. As it is, their faith, except on a few rare occasions, is literally good for nothing.
People who handle poisonous snakes and drink poison do not understand their scriptures and test God. The LORD said not to test Him. Bad things can happen.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kid dies purplepurpose 84 15743 January 18, 2018 at 6:46 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  In Buddhism Where Will Souls Go if they Haven''t Reached Nirvana Before the Sun Dies? Rhondazvous 11 2095 November 21, 2017 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: LuisDantas
  Who Dies For A Lie? Nope 48 12233 January 30, 2015 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Nope
  Richard Dawkins Dies... Broseph Ballin 8 2061 August 15, 2014 at 2:20 am
Last Post: StealthySkeptic
  Woman suffering miscarriage denied abortion and dies of blood poisoning in Ireland LarissaAnn 20 10224 November 15, 2012 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
Question Do to really believe a snake talked?! SpecUVdust 126 38094 November 12, 2012 at 9:17 am
Last Post: John V