Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snake handling
Snake handling
http://news.yahoo.com/serpent-handling-w...ories.html

This pastor dies of a snake bite and his Father years earlier died of a snake bite Will these nutjobs get it now? I wonder what excuse Christians will have for his death? I saw a TV Doc on this a few years ago where a snake handler was bitten many times an almost died, his sister was killed form a snake bite while handling a snake. They just keep doing it. Confusedhock:

Manowar
RE: Snake handling
(June 9, 2012 at 9:57 pm)Manowar Wrote: I wonder what excuse Christians will have for his death?
He got bit by a poisonous snake.
(June 9, 2012 at 10:05 pm)Drich Wrote:
(June 9, 2012 at 9:57 pm)Manowar Wrote: I wonder what excuse Christians will have for his death?

Yep. Snake-handling isn't exactly a mainstream practice.
Point of clarification: he was bitten by a venomous snake, as opposed to a poisonous one:

Quote:Poisons are substances that are toxic (cause harm) if swallowed or inhaled. Venoms are generally not toxic if swallowed, and must be injected under the skin (by snakes, spiders, etc.) into the tissues normally protected by skin in order to be toxic.

http://www.preservevenomous.com/Venom_Vs...Poison.htm
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(June 9, 2012 at 10:26 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Point of clarification: he was bitten by a venomous snake, as opposed to a poisonous one:

Quote:Poisons are substances that are toxic (cause harm) if swallowed or inhaled. Venoms are generally not toxic if swallowed, and must be injected under the skin (by snakes, spiders, etc.) into the tissues normally protected by skin in order to be toxic.

http://www.preservevenomous.com/Venom_Vs...Poison.htm

Futher point of Clarity: If a man dies snake handling, then 11 times out of 10 he did so in the 'South.' If a snake bites you and you die in the South. Then you were bit by a Poisionous (pronounced Por-zen-ness) snake.Big Grin
(June 9, 2012 at 10:05 pm)Drich Wrote:

And you don't think that's evolution in action?
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Is snake worship in the bible, or is this just one of things they made up as they went along?
It's all to do with signs of True Believers™ from (I believe) Mark 16, "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

We can see how well that works out...
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(June 10, 2012 at 1:25 am)Stimbo Wrote: It's all to do with signs of True Believers™ from (I believe) Mark 16, "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

We can see how well that works out...

if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them?.... So why don't they drink poison
While I wouldn't necessarily condone such things, in the sense of "don't try this at home", it is the sort of thing that would qualify as a testable claim.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Heard about this snake idiocy before abaris 28 6648 July 30, 2015 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Snake Salvation Spooky 39 9635 January 25, 2015 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  'Snake Salvation' Pastor Dies Hilariously Ironic Death Ryantology 64 16419 February 25, 2014 at 10:01 am
Last Post: truthBtold
  talking snake justin 16 7591 February 11, 2013 at 5:33 am
Last Post: Confused Ape
  Snake handling Pastor dies Manowar 14 6389 June 11, 2012 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger