Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 6:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Snake Salvation' Pastor Dies Hilariously Ironic Death
'Snake Salvation' Pastor Dies Hilariously Ironic Death
lulz

Quote:A Kentucky pastor who starred in a reality show about snake-handling in church has died -- of a snakebite.

Jamie Coots died Saturday evening after refusing to be treated, Middleborough police said.

On "Snake Salvation," the ardent Pentecostal believer said that he believed that a passage in the Bible suggests poisonous snakebites will not harm believers as long as they are anointed by God. The practice is illegal in most states, but still goes on, primarily in the rural South.

And before any pedants chime in, yes, I know it's not technically ironic.
RE: 'Snake Salvation' Pastor Dies Hilariously Ironic Death
He's in a better place now.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
It's almost as though his god has a poetic sense of humour, isn't it? Or doesn't exist. In any case, I foresee that his followers won't learn a damn thing, in a ridiculously Darwinian sense.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Thank god that one is out of the gene pool!
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
Actually I just saw this on the news and the son plans to take over the dad's ministry.
Another prophecy fulfilled!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Quote:The practice is illegal in most states

Clearly, we need to do all we can to ensure this practice is legalized in all 50 states.
Oh, and I like this thread better than mini's Johnny come lately thread. ;P
Actually I think was 3 hours earlier but that's okay. We all know you can fucking count, either.
This is the second snake bite death at Full Gospel Tabernacle in Jesus Name church that I am aware of. Melinda Brown the wife of another snake handling preacher Punkin Brown received a fatal bite during a service at this church in 1995. Punkin died 3 years later after being bitten at the Rock House Holiness Church near Scottsboro, Alabama. Freedom of religion be damned. These people need to be locked in rubber room for their own good. Hopefully before they breed. Punkin and Melinda had 5 under age children when he died. Last I heard the maternal grandparents were fighting to keep the kids out of the custody of the paternal grandparents who run another snake charming church the Holiness Church of God in Jesus Name in South Carolina.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ex pastor explains how Christianity is fake Fake Messiah 71 7554 May 19, 2019 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Evolution and Christianity and Salvation mrj 255 19765 March 14, 2019 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  On the subject of Hell and Salvation Alternatehistory95 278 28115 March 10, 2019 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Lie Known as "Salvation" Haipule 59 7979 June 12, 2018 at 3:35 am
Last Post: Haipule
  Another Fucking Piece of Shit "Pastor" Minimalist 37 8919 September 29, 2017 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Atheist73
  There is a difference between salvation, and the rewards of Heaven Drich 45 13598 July 31, 2017 at 9:27 am
Last Post: Drich
  Can a Chrisitan lose his/her salvation? Jehanne 130 30832 July 26, 2017 at 10:25 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Evangelical pastor Rick Wiles warns of demonic Pokemon that will be exploited by ISIS KevinM1 22 2701 July 20, 2016 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I found a pastor who has a strange fixation on flaming buttholes and asbestos diapers TaraJo 12 3197 April 30, 2016 at 11:36 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Should I have a doscussion with my parent's Church pastor? ReptilianPeon 26 3443 March 11, 2016 at 3:27 am
Last Post: Alex K