Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 11:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heard about this snake idiocy before
Heard about this snake idiocy before
Another devout idiot dead because he handled snakes. Funnily enough I read about it on the webpage of our public tv network, which pointed me to the Guardian.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/...ite-church
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
RE: Heard about this snake idiocy before
(July 29, 2015 at 11:36 am)abaris Wrote: Another devout idiot dead because he handled snakes. Funnily enough I read about it on the webpage of our public tv network, which pointed me to the Guardian.

Yep. I got dragged to a lot of "snake handling" speaking in tongues services as a child.  After all, Mark 16:18 says: "they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them."  And these folks say that every word in the Bible is literally true.

Now, why don't they have arsenic-drinking services, then?  
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
My god is greater than your petty medical service!
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(July 29, 2015 at 11:43 am)drfuzzy Wrote:
(July 29, 2015 at 11:36 am)abaris Wrote: Another devout idiot dead because he handled snakes. Funnily enough I read about it on the webpage of our public tv network, which pointed me to the Guardian.

Yep. I got dragged to a lot of "snake handling" speaking in tongues services as a child.  After all, Mark 16:18 says: "they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them."  And these folks say that every word in the Bible is literally true.

Or cyanide! That would be fun! Okay sorry that was mean.
(July 29, 2015 at 11:43 am)drfuzzy Wrote:

You should have suggested the poison to them, and told them that they did not have the faith that they pretended to have.  Otherwise, they would do it.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
[Image: seinfelddance.gif~c200]

Yay.  Another one bites the dust.
Some sect in India handles deadly serpents with no problems.

What is wrong with our Christers that they can't believe as hard as some third world pagans that won't even go to the bathroom to poop ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xssNKyrBYig
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
The funny thing about venomous snakes, is that they're, um, kind of, you know, VENOMOUS YOU FUCKING IDIOT
His soul is under the big celestial altar with the others who are waiting for the magic number to be reached so that Jesus will return and destroy the Earth.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1321 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  There is still time to covert to Christianity before Christmas! Loading Please Wait 12 3227 January 29, 2017 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  more xtian idiocy in the news drfuzzy 11 3510 November 4, 2015 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What's the most face-palm-worthy statement you have ever heard from a priest/preacher drfuzzy 150 29424 August 29, 2015 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  What Happened to the Non Jews Who Died Before Jesus Came? Nope 66 14050 March 30, 2015 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Three Ways to Torture Demons You Haven't Heard of Yet JesusHChrist 15 4872 February 16, 2015 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Snake Salvation Spooky 39 9629 January 25, 2015 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Get In The Ark Before It Is Too Late!!! Revelation777 794 160974 July 30, 2014 at 8:58 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Before Christ & The Bible dreenbmp 57 14714 June 15, 2014 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Lek
  Man Requests Satanic Prayer Before Town Council Meeting Mr Brightside 72 16881 May 16, 2014 at 8:28 am
Last Post: John V