Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 3:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snake Salvation
Snake Salvation
The wife and I found it on Netflix.

[Image: pastor-andrew-hamblin-pointing-with-snak....jpg?w=615]

Venomous snakes, speaking in tongues, missing body parts and dead buddies.

Atheists, what's your opinion?

Theists, would you try it?

Extremely disturbing image of a now dead pastor's shriveled finger:

You are warned.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
RE: Snake Salvation
Always wondered if the thought of the kind of cunt they're worshipping ever crossed their mind? A god that gives a preacher and it's congregation power over a snake....and yet...botflies.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
That's a clear case of lackitudinal faith. If he'd prayed harder, believered more, he'da been able to save that thur finger.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I root for the snake.
They do the serpent thing with cobras in India. Seems to work better there for some reason.

Maybe their religion is less false ?????
I like the thought of the 'Oh shit' moment when they finally get bitten. I guess God just forgot to tell the snakes their venom can't kill them.
(January 23, 2015 at 10:59 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I root for the snake.

It's even better when they do the Daniel in the Lion's Den thing.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
In regards to the shriveled gangrenous finger thing, it kinda looks like a mummys finger.

Perhaps that is a clue? Egyptian polytheism being plausibly the One True Faith ?? Weren't they big on asps, and mindful of their bites?

It all adds up . . . .

Thinking
Yum! Moron jerky! Devil
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
Remember the discussion about True Christians versus the fake ones

Matthew 15:9
But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

There is a part in the Bible where Satan tries to get Jesus to jump off a mountain because it was written that "the angels shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone." and Jesus reply was that "it is also written thou shalt not tempt (test) the Lord thy God."

Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Clearly it is not God's will to be tested.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evolution and Christianity and Salvation mrj 255 19861 March 14, 2019 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  On the subject of Hell and Salvation Alternatehistory95 278 28211 March 10, 2019 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Lie Known as "Salvation" Haipule 59 8260 June 12, 2018 at 3:35 am
Last Post: Haipule
  There is a difference between salvation, and the rewards of Heaven Drich 45 13642 July 31, 2017 at 9:27 am
Last Post: Drich
  Can a Chrisitan lose his/her salvation? Jehanne 130 30892 July 26, 2017 at 10:25 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Heard about this snake idiocy before abaris 28 6642 July 30, 2015 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  'Snake Salvation' Pastor Dies Hilariously Ironic Death Ryantology 64 16412 February 25, 2014 at 10:01 am
Last Post: truthBtold
  talking snake justin 16 7587 February 11, 2013 at 5:33 am
Last Post: Confused Ape
  Snake handling Pastor dies Manowar 14 6388 June 11, 2012 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Snake handling Manowar 27 9995 June 11, 2012 at 7:47 am
Last Post: Zen Badger