Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've been "faith healed". Hypnosis techniques?
Shocked 
I've been "faith healed". Hypnosis techniques?
Hello everyone.

My mom (a protestant christian) called me today and said at some church a foreign guy is making miracles. Although I'm an atheist ( and told her about it many times), I had nothing fun to do at the time I decided to go and watch. People stood in line and the guy 'healed' them. My mom said he cured her bad back, according to her her back used to hurt because one of her legs was shorter than the other, and he lengthened it to match the other leg. She pushed me to him to be healed from my skoliosis, I told him about my back pain, he asked me to sit down, straighten my legs, he took my feet in his hands, and showed me that one of my legs was shorter than the other by 1-2 cm. He started saying in the name of jesus heal him etc. and... well, the length difference between my legs dasappeared, while the crowd around gazed in awe. He told me my skoliosis would disappear in some time. Whatever.

It was about 3~4 hours ago and I'm still wondering what's the trick. I was in trance, I know people in trance experience loss of body sensations, anastesia, but (I think) I had visual control and I didn't notice him trying to pull my 'shorter' leg.

I'm sure somebody experienced with hypnosis can explain that.
RE: I've been "faith healed". Hypnosis techniques?
The whole leg shorter than the other is a famous scam by faith healers. I believe Derren Brown did a show about that where he trained someone to pretend to be a faith healer and the retards believed him.
Cunt
The trick wasn't in making your legs of equal length, the trick was making you think they weren't of equal length in the first place. If you never noticed it before and your doctor never noticed it before, you should be skeptical of the diagnosis. Don't feel bad about being fooled, magicians fool us all the time but do us the courtesy of letting us know they're tricking us. Similar tricks without the caveat are at the root of many a psychic's or faith healer's career.
(June 12, 2012 at 11:01 am)frankiej Wrote: The whole leg shorter than the other is a famous scam by faith healers. I believe Derren Brown did a show about that where he trained someone to pretend to be a faith healer and the retards believed him.

This.

If one if your legs was 1-2cm shorter than the other, you'd notice. You really would.
I'm just wondering at what point you are suddenly going to change your religious views to Christian siting this as a miracle and urging the rest of us to open our hearts to Jesus.

Or perhaps I'm just too suspicious Dodgy
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(June 12, 2012 at 11:56 am)Darwinian Wrote: I'm just wondering at what point you are suddenly going to change your religious views to Christian siting this as a miracle and urging the rest of us to open our hearts to Jesus.

Or perhaps I'm just too suspicious Dodgy

I was asking what's the trick, because subjectively it felt really *magical* lol

Before my 'turn' I really wanted to videotape what he was doing or ask him whether he can make an amputated hand grow back, but I knew my mom would get really really pissed so I just went with it.

Next time I'll go to faith healing by myself Big Grin
Next time, scream in "agony" while he's doing his thing. Big Grin
(June 12, 2012 at 11:51 am)Tiberius Wrote: If one if your legs was 1-2cm shorter than the other, you'd notice. You really would.

Americans are hopeless with metrics. 2 cm is almost an inch. You couldn't stand without listing to one side. The Divine Tiberius is quite right. You would have noticed that long ago.... and your freakin' doctor should be fired if he missed that.
I'm American, I know how much a cm is, lol. Although I will admit to having to use cm measurements a lot at school.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You’ve Been Kidnapped!! BrianSoddingBoru4 40 2044 December 14, 2023 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story. Disagreeable 18 1118 January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Been wondering what the boyfriend looks like? Foxaèr 8 690 January 14, 2022 at 11:43 am
Last Post: johnnyy
  Imagine You've Been Kidnapped BrianSoddingBoru4 26 1278 August 20, 2021 at 4:13 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How high have you ever been? Frank Apisa 27 2010 June 28, 2021 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Name a movie that would have been creepy with a sex scene The Valkyrie 40 2195 November 21, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  This has been nagging me for a while now... Dr H 11 1535 January 21, 2019 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: outtathereligioncloset
  I've been there, "Have you ever"? Brian37 19 1632 November 16, 2018 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The headline should have been... John V 8 382 October 5, 2018 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I Guess You've All Been Practicing Your Aim Rhondazvous 20 1428 August 29, 2018 at 11:22 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama