Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've been there, "Have you ever"?
I've been there, "Have you ever"?
I love coming home from a trip, and then seeing the place I came from on a show, documentary, news, and being able to say "I've been there".

Many here know I went to Australia and Erwin's zoo. I was just watching Animal Planet and their new family show "Crikey" base on Erwin's family. They showed the tiger and giraffe enclosures, and even mountain shots outside the zoo, and I smiled and said "I'VE BEEN THERE!" That is so cool.

Where have you traveled and came home to have the same thing happen?
RE: I've been there, "Have you ever"?
Boss Lady sees some place on TV, turns to me, "You've been there, right?" I reply "Yes" without looking.
Tour is always interesting. I love to go for a big tour with my family members. LOL!
No! I have NEVER been there. I was out of town that day, and don’t come back without a warrant!

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 16, 2018 at 9:11 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Boss Lady sees some place on TV, turns to me, "You've been there, right?" I reply "Yes" without looking.

[Boss Lady]: Maybe some day you can take me there.

[Gawdzilla, without hesitation or looking up]: No, you'd hate it there. Bad food and overpriced hook . . . really bad food.
(November 16, 2018 at 1:15 pm)Crossless2.0 Wrote:
(November 16, 2018 at 9:11 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Boss Lady sees some place on TV, turns to me, "You've been there, right?" I reply "Yes" without looking.

[Boss Lady]: Maybe some day you can take me there.

[Gawdzilla, without hesitation or looking up]: No, you'd hate it there. Bad food and overpriced hook . . . really bad food.

"And the in-coming is nothing to shout about. Let's do Afghanistan instead."
I do that with the (hold on have to go to google to figure out how to spell it) Neuschwanstein castle. I saw it as a child so whenever I see pictures, articles, etc of it I'm like hey I went there. In middle school it was the front picture of our English text book and I was all over pointing it out. Being so 'cultured' as I felt I was lmao
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
(November 16, 2018 at 12:58 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: No! I have NEVER been there. I was out of town that day, and don’t come back without a warrant!

Boru

I have you in the library with the candlestick holder as the murder weapon, get a clue.
If I do another cruise it will be the Rhine and/or Danube. Then through the Alps by chartered motorbus and into Italy. Pompeii at a minimum, Etna if she's acting up. Then back up, through France to England.

The week after that, who knows...
(November 16, 2018 at 1:27 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: If I do another cruise it will be the Rhine and/or Danube. Then through the Alps by chartered motorbus and into Italy. Pompeii at a minimum, Etna if she's acting up. Then back up, through France to England.

The week after that, who knows...

If I didn't hate flying so much. The ruins of Pompeii would be something I would love to see. Just so I could thank my late mother(even if only in my head) for giving my my first copy of National Geographic "World Magazine" for kids, which contained ghastly pictures of the victims of the 79CE eruption. THANKS MOM! That didn't give me nightmares.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy birthday Gawdzilla where ever you are. arewethereyet 6 414 January 12, 2024 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  You’ve Been Kidnapped!! BrianSoddingBoru4 40 2170 December 14, 2023 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Would you still cook if you diddn't have to? Angrboda 41 2165 October 30, 2023 at 3:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Have you ever Met-up with an online Buddy? Uberpod 25 1421 December 3, 2022 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: Orbit
  Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story. Disagreeable 18 1167 January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Been wondering what the boyfriend looks like? Foxaèr 8 701 January 14, 2022 at 11:43 am
Last Post: johnnyy
  Imagine You've Been Kidnapped BrianSoddingBoru4 26 1324 August 20, 2021 at 4:13 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How high have you ever been? Frank Apisa 27 2081 June 28, 2021 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Name a movie that would have been creepy with a sex scene The Valkyrie 40 2234 November 21, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  There's social distancing, and then there's SOCIAL DISTANCING!!!!! Gawdzilla Sama 8 783 March 24, 2020 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Fireball