Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 11:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is up with this sense of entitlement?
what is up with this sense of entitlement?
first off, i'm really glad i have a place to come to where it's mostly mature conversation. i'm a member on several other forums, and i'm getting rather sick of people thinking that the world owes them something. i work too hard for what i have to deal with grown men acting like babies thinking they deserve to have someone send them money just cuz they want a new toy, then resort to threats when they get called out.

/rant

i can post a link to the thread that prompted this, but it's on another unrelated forum and i'm not sure if it's allowed(and the thread will hopefully be shut down soon)
RE: what is up with this sense of entitlement?
(June 16, 2012 at 12:37 am)ohh EPiC FAiL Wrote: first off, i'm really glad i have a place to come to where it's mostly mature conversation. i'm a member on several other forums, and i'm getting rather sick of people thinking that the world owes them something. i work too hard for what i have to deal with grown men acting like babies thinking they deserve to have someone send them money just cuz they want a new toy, then resort to threats when they get called out.

/rant

i can post a link to the thread that prompted this, but it's on another unrelated forum and i'm not sure if it's allowed(and the thread will hopefully be shut down soon)

I never heard the phrase "sense of entitlement" until after George W. Bush was president? Why is that? hmmmm?
i don't think bush had anything to do with it. it's all how the parents raised their kids, which is evidently getting worse and worse.
I like to give everyone my polite, calm side until they've proven they don't deserve the kindness.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
Why do I care that you are a member of several other forums? Is this meant to be informative in some way?

You act as if you are entitled to mature conversation. oooooooh, epic fail!
(June 16, 2012 at 12:45 am)Annik Wrote: I like to give everyone my polite, calm side until they've proven they don't deserve the kindness.
yeah, same here.
(June 16, 2012 at 12:47 am)cato123 Wrote: Why do I care that you are a member of several other forums? Is this meant to be informative in some way?

haha! touché!
(June 16, 2012 at 12:57 am)ohh EPiC FAiL Wrote:
(June 16, 2012 at 12:47 am)cato123 Wrote: Why do I care that you are a member of several other forums? Is this meant to be informative in some way?

haha! touché!

Glad you took it as such. Cheers!
I'm entitled to your stuff because I'm so amazing and fantastic that you owe me. Your life is made so better by my simply existing that you must therefore hand over your cash and dignity so that I can buy a new xbox (no really, mine just died, red ring of death and expired warranty, you're paying for the repair/replacement, or else).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does Joshua James Duggar's sentence make sense? Jehanne 6 679 August 26, 2022 at 8:59 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The story of Midas makes no sense Foxaèr 13 1191 April 27, 2022 at 11:49 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  somebody, Please Talk Sense into My Stupid Head. I Think I'm Getting Ready to Fuck Up Rhondazvous 30 2263 September 13, 2018 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Why do some people lack a sense of humor? NuclearEnergy 20 3686 November 25, 2017 at 11:48 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Christians have a sense of humor Kingpin 36 6161 January 14, 2016 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Sixth sense and intuition BrokenQuill92 26 4296 August 13, 2015 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: Exian
  'God' is starting to make less sense to me. (rant) IanHulett 45 6802 June 19, 2015 at 7:40 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  common sense DramaQueen 16 2077 November 27, 2014 at 7:12 am
Last Post: A Theist
  "A Sense Of Humility" Edwardo Piet 1 1143 April 19, 2013 at 9:43 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Sense of smell thesummerqueen 23 4102 September 20, 2011 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen