Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've left Historum Forum.
I've left Historum Forum.
Had no choice; insults are not allowed,and I was about to say some very unkind things one of the many resident village idiots. I left without comment,as is my practice.

There a couple actual historians and some very erudite amateurs of the quality of our Min. Sadly,the place is infested with diverse theist apologists, with a couple of new age 'spiritual persons' for good measure.

I'm sure most here can understand how difficult it has been for me not calling a spade a fucking shovel.( no swearing allowed either). They demand the patience of a saint and the tolerance of a Gandhi,which is not quite me.Oh, I've also been attacked for being an atheist.

The final straw was when the gutless moderators declined to ban a rabid anti Semite until a LOT of members complained.

Fuck 'em. I''ll find another forum.

OK, tanty over.
RE: I've left Historum Forum.
I sympathize, Pad. A young lady I adore ran a board but also wanted it to be "insult free" and wanted me to moderate the archaeology forum. Her idea of an insult was telling some ancient alien/bigfoot/9-11 truther type that they were nuts.

I declined the position and haven't been back since.
Then it isn't a forum worthy of your attention pad. IF they are unable to tolerate a differing point of view nor "political incorrectness" then they must be unable to tolerate what history has to teach...not ALL of it is pleasant, walk through the park in summer, jolly good fun! Undecided
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
When I join a forum and later find out that swearing isn't allowed I never return. Tongue
Cunt
(June 18, 2012 at 6:51 am)frankiej Wrote: When I join a forum and later find out that swearing isn't allowed I never return. Tongue

No shit?
(June 18, 2012 at 10:33 am)Minimalist Wrote:
(June 18, 2012 at 6:51 am)frankiej Wrote: When I join a forum and later find out that swearing isn't allowed I never return. Tongue

No shit?

Nope, that is the whole problem.
Cunt

fuck right.
[Image: Evolution.png]

(June 18, 2012 at 10:44 am)Cinjin Wrote:

fuck right.

Yeah, it just isn't worth my time. I could spend a long time on a forum and then get banned for swearing... people who find it offensive should get a grip.
Cunt
Quote:people who find it offensive should get a grip go fuck themselves.

A little help there.
Cheers, babe.
Cunt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's the "Who would be left" contest! Angrboda 8 637 July 27, 2023 at 6:57 am
Last Post: emjay
  It's Time I Left The Architect Of Fate 30 2620 August 4, 2021 at 11:19 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Nineteen days left Foxaèr 50 3552 April 30, 2019 at 11:27 am
Last Post: madog
  With four weeks left Joods 18 2377 January 25, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  @ Everyone on AF: Would you miss me if I left? Edwardo Piet 32 5647 September 12, 2016 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Is/Are your pet(s) right pawed or left pawed? brewer 15 2886 February 25, 2016 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Imagine If You were the Only Person Left on Earth Rhondazvous 13 3577 November 22, 2015 at 3:50 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  So... I just came home from work to find this note my girlfriend left for me... Mudhammam 22 7557 October 1, 2014 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
Star Imagine,All religious people disappear from Earth and only atheists are left. Big Blue Sky 25 6710 August 21, 2013 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: Walking Void
Question Driving in the left lane Tea Earl Grey Hot 41 12844 December 11, 2012 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Aractus