Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In a deep state of shock
In a deep state of shock
I asked my mother if she believed in God which HELPS people on earth.
She said YES. I asked why. She said cause he helped HER.
I asked how. She said that she drowned. Lost consciesness. And woke up on a beach. There were no people around me. This to her is a proof of gods helping actions.

So I asked her what about people who suffer and die. She says "He might have been busy at the time"
I asked her if the god created universe she sayd "Maybe".
I asked her could it be that the god was created AFTER the universe began she said yes.

WHAT...THE...FUCK?

Today I will ask her how it would look like if I stood on the beach and observed what happened how would it look like.
I am in a deep state of shock from my 46 year old mother.
RE: In a deep state of shock
Questioning is fine, but becoming sadistic about it toward your mother is a bit misguided.
Trying to update my sig ...
I can relate, trust me.
Don't even bother man, theres no point. You'll just come out having less and less respect for her as she comes out with ever more ridiculous retorts in a desperate bid to validate her beliefs.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
I'm not being sadistic it was just very unexpected.
Yeah I guess I just let her have it then.
The discussion is futile anyway.
(June 28, 2012 at 9:07 am)Opsnyder Wrote: So I asked her what about people who suffer and die. She says "He might have been busy at the time"

This deity was "busy" and couldn't come to the aid of someone who was suffering?

So I guess he can't do anything after all....
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
Well she says he is just like humans. Has a shit to do XD
It looks like she can't find any other explanation for "strange events" other then "god did it"
Some people believe in total bollocks. What's new?
Quote:Well she says he is just like humans.

Then why call him "god?"
(June 28, 2012 at 12:09 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Well she says he is just like humans.

Then why call him "god?"

Well cause he is "super powerful" and helps some of the people some of the time.
So does random chance.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Arizona State Suspends Lawrence Krauss Over Sexual Misconduct Accusations Alexmahone 30 10521 March 11, 2018 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Caught in deep thought dyresand 9 3872 June 21, 2017 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
Exclamation new "Cult of 'Non-Beliefism' " aka (the state of being "unlocked") ProgrammingGodJordan 142 14642 January 2, 2017 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Atheist "nativity" at California State Capitol Seraphina 16 2345 December 27, 2016 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: TheRealJoeFish
  Would a story like this shock anyone I wonder? robvalue 25 4759 September 2, 2014 at 1:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  State atheism Astronaut17 22 8043 May 8, 2013 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: Raven
  Marijuana legal in WA state? binny 9 4012 December 31, 2009 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Meatball