Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arizona State Suspends Lawrence Krauss Over Sexual Misconduct Accusations
Arizona State Suspends Lawrence Krauss Over Sexual Misconduct Accusations
Arizona State Suspends Lawrence Krauss During Inquiry Over Sexual Misconduct Accusations

For those of you who don't know, Lawrence Krauss is a prominent atheist along with Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, Matt Dillahunty, Dan Dennett and others. He is a theoretical physicist at Arizona State University and has written several books on physics including:

The Greatest Story Ever Told--So Far: Why Are We Here?
A Universe from Nothing: Why There Is Something Rather than Nothing
Fear of Physics: A Guide for the Perplexed
Quantum Man: Richard Feynman's Life in Science (Great Discoveries)
Hiding in the Mirror: The Quest for Alternate Realities, from Plato to String Theory (by way of Alice in Wonderland, Einstein, and The Twilight Zone)
The Physics of Star Trek

Last month, BuzzFeed reported that several women have accused Dr Krauss of inappropriate behavior including groping women and making sexist jokes. Arizona State University has placed Dr Krauss on paid leave while the accusations are being investigated.

This may be the beginning of the end for atheism.
RE: Arizona State Suspends Lawrence Krauss Over Sexual Misconduct Accusations
(March 9, 2018 at 5:21 pm)Alexmahone Wrote: This may be the beginning of the end for atheism.

Certainly not looking good for Krauss's immediate future.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
The beginning of the end for atheism?? It will not affect my disbelief in a God one iota.
Yup  Lawrence Krauss may have done it .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

The catholic church is still going strong, just sayin.
(March 9, 2018 at 5:31 pm)Tizheruk Wrote: Yup  Lawrence Krauss may have done it .

He's a humorous and irreverent fellow, so he may well have made sexist jokes. I just hope the more serious allegations aren't true.
Damn...
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(March 9, 2018 at 5:42 pm)Alexmahone Wrote:
(March 9, 2018 at 5:31 pm)Tizheruk Wrote: Yup  Lawrence Krauss may have done it .

I just hope the more serious allegations aren't true.

So do I.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
Sam Harris and Matt Dillahunty had to do an event in Phoenix, Arizona 2 weeks ago without Lawrence Krauss due to the allegations.

BuzzFeed Wrote:On stage, Harris said that the speakers made a mutual decision that Krauss would not appear, but stressed that “it should not signify to you that we are taking a position with respect to the truth of those allegations.”

“The decision came down to this: If Lawrence were here, he would want to deny all of those allegations. He would certainly say that that article was filled with lies, and then we would be forced to try to change the subject and have a conversation about physics or whatever else,” Harris said. “That seemed to risk being a farce.”

I must say I was looking forward to hearing these 3 atheist-intellectuals in conversation.
He's a prominent white male figure in acedamia...might as well have target painted on his back. He may be as much of an ass as me but he is still innocent until proven guilty.
<insert profound quote here>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sexual Abuse in Social Context: Clergy and other (Secular) Professionals. Nishant Xavier 61 3640 July 16, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Christian Post rejoices that atheist Lawrence Krauss is guilty of sexual misconduct Alexmahone 11 2097 August 12, 2018 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Cyberman
Exclamation new "Cult of 'Non-Beliefism' " aka (the state of being "unlocked") ProgrammingGodJordan 142 14223 January 2, 2017 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Atheist "nativity" at California State Capitol Seraphina 16 2304 December 27, 2016 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: TheRealJoeFish
  Sexual addiction Dust_bunny 17 2697 June 9, 2016 at 3:10 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Where did sexual ethics originate from? Twisted 24 4049 May 31, 2015 at 7:41 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  "The Unbelievers" Dawkins and Krauss V. World Golbez 3 1999 June 14, 2013 at 2:18 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  State atheism Astronaut17 22 7926 May 8, 2013 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: Raven
  Lawrence Krauss Dragonetti 0 1028 May 1, 2013 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Dragonetti
  In a deep state of shock Opsnyder 14 4595 June 28, 2012 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger