Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 10:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7,000 Year Old Caveman Bones Found; Oldest Modern Human DNA
7,000 Year Old Caveman Bones Found; Oldest Modern Human DNA
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/28...36289.html

This is very interesting.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
RE: 7,000 Year Old Caveman Bones Found; Oldest Modern Human DNA
His DNA must be extremely interesting since he apparently had the superpower that allowed him to exist even before almighty God created him a thousand years later.
Odd that just yesterday I did a Google search for "oldest human bones found" when someone got me on the topic of mummies.
The oldest "human" bones are dated to 195,000 years ago...which is not to say that usable DNA can be extracted from them.

Then of course we get back into the whole neanderthal,heidelbergensis, erectus question of what is really "human."
(July 1, 2012 at 9:22 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The oldest "human" bones are dated to 195,000 years ago...which is not to say that usable DNA can be extracted from them.

Then of course we get back into the whole neanderthal,heidelbergensis, erectus question of what is really "human."

This is why I was careful to say that the DNA was the oldest, not the bones themselves.

EDIT: Oldest Modern Human DNA, of course.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
(July 1, 2012 at 9:25 pm)Annik Wrote:
(July 1, 2012 at 9:22 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The oldest "human" bones are dated to 195,000 years ago...which is not to say that usable DNA can be extracted from them.

This is why I was careful to say that the DNA was the oldest, not the bones themselves.

Right. Of course the Neanderthal Genome Project extracted DNA from a 38,000 year old HNS femur and found:

Quote:At roughly 3.2 billion base pairs,[3] the Neanderthal genome is about the size of the modern human genome. According to preliminary sequences, 99.7% of the base pairs of the modern human and Neanderthal genomes are identical, compared to humans sharing around 98.8% of base pairs with the chimpanzee

The last line should piss off the creatards no end!
But this clearly doesn't prove Evolution or common ancestry because you don't know the function of every single one of those 99.7% base pairs. (I do beg your pardon; I think I'm channelling again.)
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Yeah....whatever happened to that asshole?
Wonder if they could clone a caveman if they gather enough DNA... hope they could do it with the dodo.
Heard they tasted delicious.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
This caveman would look pretty much like us.

Probably have the intelligence of G-C, though.

You know....trying to eat rocks and shit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cloning is safer - the perils of sexual DNA combination? Duty 21 1626 October 14, 2021 at 11:47 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Where in our dna are instincts coded? ignoramus 8 1077 December 8, 2018 at 1:26 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Multiple Sclerosis: modern diet doomed us WinterHold 5 829 November 18, 2018 at 5:54 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  "Crocoduck" found. The Valkyrie 7 1992 December 8, 2017 at 4:30 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Strange troglodyte species found in Turkmenistan cave Foxaèr 4 851 September 26, 2017 at 7:18 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  99 million Year Old Bird Transition Found Amarok 14 5333 June 9, 2017 at 8:41 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Dinosaur tail found preserved in amber! Simon Moon 84 14787 December 19, 2016 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Modern medicine - still the third leading cause of death John V 108 9773 July 11, 2016 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Carthaginian DNA - Not So Much Of A Surprise. Minimalist 0 1287 May 26, 2016 at 12:48 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Amazing What The Bones Can Tell Us Minimalist 3 591 May 24, 2016 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist