Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
another dead Aussie in Afghanistan.
another dead Aussie in Afghanistan.
New tonight, Tuesday July 3 :

A 40 year old special forces soldier has been killed in Afghanistan.

His death brings the total of Australian soldiers killed in that war to 33.

The soldier had joined the army in 1990 and had served SEVEN tours in Afghanistan.

Suddenly I don't think I can any longer criticise the American military for indifference and purblind stupidity.

Our morally bankrupt politicians are mouthing the usual empty platitudes, hyperbole and humbug. I feel like vomiting.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/digger-...6415240955
RE: another dead Aussie in Afghanistan.
I'm reminded at times like this of the Battle of the Somme in 1916.

Where the attacking British forces lost 58000 men on the first day (almost 1/3 killed).

Technically you're safer doing a tour in Afganistan than you are driving on Australian roads.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
RE: another dead Aussie in Afghanistan.
Quote:Technically you're safer doing a tour in Afghanistan than you are driving on Australian roads.

Probably about the same odds as being eaten by a shark too.. I don't give a fuck about the technicalities.

ONE Aussie killed on the roads or in a war is one too many.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  photos that prove Afghanistan is one the most beautiful places on earth. WinterHold 71 9830 September 6, 2021 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Aussie consumer laws to improve!! Aractus 1 720 November 26, 2015 at 3:16 am
Last Post: dyresand