Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Climat Change is not a commie myth.
Climat Change is not a commie myth.
I hate the constant slur and demonizing of lagit science. The idiots who take one cold day and stupidly say "it is a myth" are too stupid to even consider simple math they took in grade and middle school.

Climate change is not about one day. It no different than your grade school math class where you take large samples of numbers, add them up, and then divide them to find an average.

Our planet's temperature is GOING UP on average over the past 100 years, because scientists are constantly taking the temperatures and adding them up to find an average.

And because of more moisture in the atmosphere it is making greater extremes in snow storms, in hurricane frequency and tornados.

But regardless, EVEN IF, science was wrong, which it is not, we still have 7 billion humans over polluting the planet. So even without climate change it still is like having a toilet and not being able to flush it after the septic tank gets filled.

So we do as a species have to face this, or we will make our water sources and food sources worse and that no matter what, we need to focus on.
RE: Climat Change is not a commie myth.
Again, you are right. Global climate change is not a myth.

Recently, an article published in Science Daily states:
"Earth's climate warmed more between 1971 and 2000 than during any other three-decade interval in the last 1,400 years, according to new regional temperature reconstructions covering all seven continents."
(N.A. (04/21/2013), "Earth's Current Warmth Not Seen in the Last 1,400 Years or More, Says Study", http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/201...101313.htm)

Also, there are numerous papers that confirm global warming. James L. Powell searched the Web of Science for peer-reviewed scientific articles published between 1 January 1991 and 9 November 2012 that have the keyword phrases "global warming" or "global climate change." The search produced 13,950 articles. 24 of the 13,950 articles, 0.17% or 1 in 581, clearly reject global warming or endorse a cause other than CO2 emissions for observed warming.
(Powell, L.J. (11/25/2012), "Why Climate Deniers Have No Scientific Credibilty", http://richarddawkins.net/news_articles/...LkS_-S8_LQ)
I've seen on several news sources the temp has not increased in the last 10 years, this is not my opinion, it comes from national news sources that were quoting scientists. I personally do not know what's happening to the planet, but it's apparent somethings going on.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(April 25, 2013 at 4:18 pm)Godschild Wrote: it comes from national news sources

Fox?
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(April 25, 2013 at 4:19 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote:
(April 25, 2013 at 4:18 pm)Godschild Wrote: it comes from national news sources

Fox?

No, I used the plural. Fox was not one of them. They were the main national news services including PBS.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(April 25, 2013 at 10:28 pm)Godschild Wrote:
(April 25, 2013 at 4:19 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Fox?

No, I used the plural. Fox was not one of them. They were the main national news services including PBS.

Most broadcast news is more entertainment, than reporting. Please provide the studies from a peer review journal!
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
I can believe that it's causing bigger snow storms. We're still getting snow where I live. last week was the most we've gotten all winter. could barely get out the front door.
I think you are full of shit, G-C. Nothing new there.

http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/science...ature.html

[Image: temperature-figure1-2012.gif]

Quote:Worldwide, 2001-2010 was the warmest decade on record since thermometer-based observations began.
Well according not sure why christians are always against Global Warming how is this antibiblical?
[Image: grumpy-cat-and-jesus-meme-died-for-sins.jpg]

I would be a televangelist....but I have too much of a soul.
(July 3, 2012 at 7:25 am)Brian37 Wrote: I hate the constant slur and demonizing of lagit science. The idiots who take one cold day and stupidly say "it is a myth" are too stupid to even consider simple math they took in grade and middle school.

I wrote this a long time ago.

The ^anti Environmentalist's Handbook by Matt Giwer, © 1990, 2005

If there is one message I would like to convey it is that in 2000 it was too late to do anything about global melting because that is what they said in 1990. They have never shut up and never apologized from being wrong much less explained why they were wrong.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I am so sick of climate change deniers. Brian37 34 3048 November 23, 2020 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Can we recover from human caused climate change? Aroura 27 7010 November 23, 2020 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Not watering plants during the summer day is a myth! Jehanne 21 2310 July 11, 2018 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Climate Change and ecological collapse ph445 42 9396 August 3, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Various ways of fighting climate change dyresand 15 3433 April 1, 2017 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  When religion is at odds with climate change research Aegon 24 2929 December 28, 2016 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Will modern society slow the progress of change? Heat 11 2916 May 10, 2016 at 1:52 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Climate change Won2blv 56 11117 May 17, 2015 at 3:27 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Climate change skeptic turned proponent Surgenator 26 6613 February 19, 2015 at 2:09 am
Last Post: Surgenator
  Representative Steve King emailed me on Climate Change rjl7 5 1678 November 21, 2014 at 11:17 am
Last Post: vorlon13