Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Science or Pseudoscience?
Science or Pseudoscience?
This is a type of game that I thought of.

First, I'll write something in this post which may or may not be true. Then, the next poster will either say "science" or "pseudoscience" in response to the above.

Then, in the second line, he or she will write another sentence which may or may not be true, and the next poster will have to either say "science" or "pseudoscience" to the post above (or they can also say "neither" or "unknown" depending on their opinions), and then they will write their own sentence for others to say whether or not they are scientifically true.

Here is the first one to start it off:

A master of qi (or chi), by creating and focusing a lot of chi energy around his hands, can cause enough heat to put a newspaper on fire.
RE: Science or Pseudoscience?
pseudoscience

We have proof of intermediate-mass black holes.
Science <- Evidence found for existence of intermediate size black hole

An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
Science. Apples are a great source of vitamin C, which boosts the immune system. They're also good for phytonutrients which reduce the risk of diabetes and asthma, as well as many other afflictions.

Bees can smell fear.

Science, all that pheromones 'n' shit.

When you smell someone else's fart, you are tasting their poo.
(July 9, 2012 at 7:09 pm)Napoleon Wrote: Science, all that pheromones 'n' shit.

When you smell someone else's fart, you are tasting their poo.

Science (molecular sized pieces of shit)

The full moon affects human behavior.
Pseudoscience. Silly superstition.

A clear bottle filled with water can be used as a solar light bulb.

Science, just add a little bleach to keep it clear and caulk the hole in your (lets just be honest, cardboard) roof.

Post-mortem erections.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

science.

You can influence a person's political opinions by controlling how close to a hand sanitizing dispenser they stand.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Science: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_erection

Gorillas use language.

*edit*

Ninja'd, fuck sake.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How I Learned to Love Pseudoscience vulcanlogician 25 3306 October 13, 2021 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Acupunture - pseudoscience? mcolafson 54 11430 December 6, 2016 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  What is a pseudoscience? carusmm 10 1957 May 31, 2016 at 8:51 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Pseudoscience and/is the God Claim Jenny A 2 1835 July 16, 2015 at 4:22 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Needed: A new sub-subforum: "Skepticism, Pseudoscience & Just Plain Bat Shit Crazy" Whateverist 26 7815 February 16, 2015 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: Confused Ape
  Bill Nye on Pseudoscience Tea Earl Grey Hot 0 1136 May 14, 2014 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: Tea Earl Grey Hot
  Pseudoscience-De-Motivational KichigaiNeko 6 2975 May 23, 2012 at 5:41 am
Last Post: Kayenneh