Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to put a "positive" spin on Islam.
Trying to put a "positive" spin on Islam.
Humanity has been created for a higher purpose. Life is a test, but failure is not a option. The human has been endowed with a strong spirit from God and linked to him, and has been set upon a straight path to God. Deviating from this path is not an option, and it includes following falsehood and disbelieving in the true religion when presented to you. Because the human is so great, God has high expectations, and doesn't tolerate failure. Because the Godly inclination is so strong, failure to walk the honorable path will not be tolerated, and the result is hell, because of the high standard placed upon a human and that he is worthy of. When someone deviates, the door to returning back however is always open. One can always leave their unjust state, and seek the truth and follow it. One can always walk the praiseworthy path towards God. One whom wishes guidance from God, and strives to get it, God will surely guide him towards it, and is generous to those whom call upon him.
RE: Trying to put a "positive" spin on Islam.
Take a tranquilizer.
What does the title of the thread have to do with its content?

Chuck Wrote:Take a tranquilizer.

And don't forget to bring enough for the rest of the class.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(July 17, 2012 at 4:10 pm)Faith No More Wrote: What does the title of the thread have to do with its content?

If you read Quran, you get the notion:

Human is created as exalted creature with spirit from God (Adam - Angels bowing to him, a verse stating we created humanity in the best form)
Life is a test.
Failure/deviation from the path is not an option.
You must walk the path of God which includes accepting the true religion when presented it.
There is a very high expectation of humanity.
If you strive towards God, he will guide you towards his ways.
Hell awaits those astray off the path.

This was not my opinion/my view...I was stating how I understand Islam's portrayal of humanity and their purpose.
My knee jerk reaction is... So?
(July 17, 2012 at 4:16 pm)Paul the Human Wrote: My knee jerk reaction is... So?

Well this "Islam" forum, where we discuss "Islam".

I'm just saying this how I perceive Islam's positive spin on humanity, and perhaps is one factor of many, people convert to Islam.

While hell paints a bad image of God's Mercy, and paints bad image of disbelievers, looking it from this perspective that I shown, it shows there is a high expectations on humanity because of humanities strong nature per Quran.

So this as "positive" way I can look at hell.
Mystic Knight Wrote:If you read Quran, you get the notion:

Human is created as exalted creature with spirit from God (Adam - Angels bowing to him, a verse stating we created humanity in the best form)
Life is a test.
You must walk the path of God which includes accepting the true religion when presented it.

This was not my opinion/my view...I was stating how I understand Islam's portrayal of humanity and their purpose.

Okay, that makes a little more sense, however, I'm still not sure how this is putting a positive spin on Islam.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
And again... So? Why are you bothering to see Islam in a positive light? Is there a reason that you are posting this? It doesn't really seem like an invitation to engage in discussions so much as you simply expressing yourself to make yourself feel good.
(July 17, 2012 at 4:23 pm)Faith No More Wrote:
Mystic Knight Wrote:If you read Quran, you get the notion:

Life is a test.

Okay, that makes a little more sense, however, I'm still not sure how this is putting a positive spin on Islam.

The positive spin is that we humans are made so great with high expectation and high standard. God expects a lot from man because he "breathed into him his spirit". The expectation is so high , that is his wrath is so strong when we fail.

The negative is: Lack of compassion, mercy, love, from God to those whom deviate.

Like the Christian "Trying to see the "positive" of Christianity", the "positive" is put in quotations, because it can be "negative" depending on how you look at it.

It's all about perception. We can't be one eyed to people's perception. we got to see through their eyes as well as ours.

(July 17, 2012 at 4:24 pm)Paul the Human Wrote: And again... So? Why are you bothering to see Islam in a positive light? Is there a reason that you are posting this? It doesn't really seem like an invitation to engage in discussions so much as you simply expressing yourself to make yourself feel good.

This was similar to the "Trying to see the "positive" in Christianity" thread. People had a good discussion there. I thought this would be similar. Where I put the positive spin, but people can talk about the negative of it. And perhaps Rayaan (awfully quiet) would put his input and thoughts.
Gotcha. I was just having a bit of trouble finding any reason for the thread. I see what you're getting at now. I also lack interest in finding positive teachings in religions that inspire so much hatred from their followers, so... have fun with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7848 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Guy at my school trying to convert me to Islam. How do i respond? comed 48 7638 November 14, 2015 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: GoHalos1993
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5469 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 33827 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet