Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guy at my school trying to convert me to Islam. How do i respond?
Guy at my school trying to convert me to Islam. How do i respond?
So this asshole is trying to covert me to Islam. So I asked him if Allah loves his worshipers so much, how come muslims are able to suffer from pain and agony? His response was Allah was testing their faith and when they die they will be granted a paradise free from suffering in the afterlife -_-. How do I respond?
comediaN
RE: Guy at my school trying to convert me to Islam. How do i respond?
Thanks but no thanks. No offense. You'd say the same to the mormons and scientology and all the other crazy cults.
(October 30, 2015 at 10:09 pm):)XD Wrote: So this asshole is trying to covert me to Islam. So I asked him if Allah loves his worshipers so how come muslims are able to suffer from pain and agony. His response was Allah was testing their faith and when they die they will be granted a paradise free from suffering in the afterlife -_-. How do I respond?

Do you HAVE to respond? Arguing with theists is not a healthy thing for your brain...

You can always ask him to just go to the afterlife and snap some pictures for you to see and decide whether you actually like that place or not Tongue
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I never understood why all these religions think God/Allah/Jesus needs to test people. What's with the need to test people with extra hardships? Is he just bored?
Tell him you're not interested. If he persists tell him to sod off. The first thing should be enough. I'm sure there are those who persist, but I'm lucky enough to never encounter them. Had a pair of Jehovah Witnesses at my door once and they were pretty civil.
Any of your friends available to hold him down on the ground while you poop in his mouth ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

"Isn't allah all knowing?"

"Yes."

"Then why does he need to test his followers? Either he's not all knowing, as you claim, he's evil and gets a kick out of the suffering of his followers, or he doesn't exist."
Dying to live, living to die.
(October 30, 2015 at 10:09 pm):)XD Wrote: So this asshole is trying to covert me to Islam. So I asked him if Allah loves his worshipers so much, how come muslims are able to suffer from pain and agony? His response was Allah was testing their faith and when they die they will be granted a paradise free from suffering in the afterlife -_-. How do I respond?

Just tell him you need to know the religion is true before following it and you may or may not look into the religion depending how plausible or not plausible you think it may have a chance of being true.  Tell them there is plenty of religions and there is no reason you are aware of, of why Islam is more plausible then other religions, and you haven't really studied religions all too much.

That said, if you are interested in knowing about Islam,  I can provide some information of my particular understanding of the path of submission to God (Islam).  That said I'm in the view you aren't obligated to seek knowledge of Islam as a non-Muslim but rather you ought to seek knowledge of the self,  and I believe ultimately that will lead you to the right path eventually, and will lead you to investigate religion, the revelations, and it will seem obvious to you which one is true if any.
How about "Fuck allah."  That should get the point across even to the most fervent rug worshipers.
(October 30, 2015 at 10:34 pm)Beccs Wrote: "Isn't allah all knowing?"

"Yes."

"Then why does he need to test his followers?  Either he's not all knowing, as you claim, he's evil and gets a kick out of the suffering of his followers, or he doesn't exist."

God knows all things that are possible to know. He will come to know the patient and truthful per Quran, that is because future doesn't exist as of now, and it's impossible to know all of what freewill decisions are going to be made.

This is my particular understanding.

Here are some verses about God coming to know:

That said, I haven't met anyone holding this view but me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Convert me if you can DeistPaladin 152 51297 August 12, 2022 at 9:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7845 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  To clear up that Islam is not pedophilia and chrisitanity is according to a guy here Smain 6 978 June 26, 2018 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Islam religion of peace , convert now before you end up in hell Youwait 62 13932 August 3, 2017 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Germany - School bans miniskirts because "religion" and "culture" Dystopia 93 15589 July 5, 2015 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: abaris
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5466 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Peshawar School Attack and Islam Khansins 4 1450 January 6, 2015 at 1:36 am
Last Post: JuliaL
  Marine banned from daughter’s school over Islam homework mralstoner 24 6036 November 4, 2014 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Lao Shizi
  Atheist/Islamophobic convert to Islam Sleepy 73 18144 December 8, 2013 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: WesOlsen
  1 in 9 young black people convert to Islam. Mystic 10 4732 August 20, 2013 at 10:49 am
Last Post: Something completely different