Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Critical Thinking--When Is It Going To Be Used?
Critical Thinking--When Is It Going To Be Used?
Dear Members:

I have been to various conferences and seminars around the world. I have been to China, Australia, Jordan, Siberia, England and Canada. Almost everyone I talk to cites the Bible or the Torah or some other religious reference to prove
their point. Some do actually use thinking. But it is not critical thinking. Critical thinking entails inductive and deductive
reasoning. Breaking it down even further, reasoning is the act of collecting, whether verbal or written, all necessary factors in order to make a rationalized point. In the hallways of IBM there are plaques along the wall with only one word. And that word is ' THINK '. I am a UN Advisor of Global Education through the International Agency for Economic Development, An NGO of the UN. The speeches I give try to motivate people to use rationalized thought. I have been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize for 2008 for ' networking global education administrators in order to understand other cultures, countries and specifically individuals in order to create a pathway to a sustained peace '. When, as a human thinking being, begin to use our cerebrum to its fullest capacity, we will be a better world.

Sincerely,

Frank P.
RE: Critical Thinking--When Is It Going To Be Used?
Australia? AND they quoted the BIBLE? Really? Good grief,what kind of subversive nutjobs did you hang out with whilst in my country?

Please give me their names and addresses and I'll have them all killed..

Quote:When, as a human thinking being, begin to use our cerebrum to its fullest capacity, we will be a better world.

I'll look forward to the fly by by our squadron of killer attack flying pigs on that day.

Perhaps you might like to kick off the process in leading by example.
RE: Critical Thinking--When Is It Going To Be Used?
Based on the concept of ' Privacy ' I would like not to mention their names or identities. Based on the concept of ' Tolerance ' I did not question their beliefs. However, what I attempted to do was tell them
how I understand the meaning of life. I told them that my ' religion ' is ' the student '. When someone asks me what language do I speak, I answer the same way. I speak ' student '. I speak in favor of the student, no matter what religion, philosophy, or background she/he has. For students will be the future judges of what we do now. I am leading by example by motivating them to ' think critically '. I sometimes play the movie ' Inherit The Wind ' with Spencer Tracy. I do not say anything after showing the movie. If necessary, I show the documentary ' Jesus Camp '. After that I still don't say anything. I let them ponder the meaning by themselves. I intend on making a documentary on the part of Plato's life that dealt with his title as the first college administrator in the world, since he created the first college called ' The Academy '. I believe that if one does not mention ' religion ' or ' ethics ' with other people and discuss ' critically thought out conversations about relevant topics ', then people will also not have a chance to quote religious references.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two warnings, already - i'm not going to be here much longer Prof.Lunaphiles 43 9306 April 25, 2020 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Just arrived from The Thinking Atheist Gwaithmir 20 3062 October 1, 2018 at 9:12 am
Last Post: OakTree500
Lightbulb I really should get going... tykobrian 19 2267 September 24, 2017 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: JackRussell
  Hello, Atheists are going to hell :) Shaddam IV 26 4420 November 23, 2015 at 5:00 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Hi I'm 'new' again...apparently I'm going to Hell!!! Angenlina star 27 8593 April 7, 2015 at 6:31 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Age 5 - what the hell is going on? Newtonscat 10 2662 January 19, 2015 at 6:47 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Hello all of my new logical thinking friends! lezbehonest 52 5981 August 11, 2014 at 11:09 am
Last Post: LivingNumbers6.626
  Forced into going to church? katiefranco 23 4719 November 25, 2013 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Used to be a Mormon Awsamb 15 2736 April 29, 2013 at 7:06 am
Last Post: Awsamb