Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Dressing up like a superhero to see a movie?
[split] Dressing up like a superhero to see a movie?
Colorado seems to have a lot of crazies in it. Maybe we should only allow PG movies into Colorado if they can't handle all the guns and explosions on the silver screen.

On a side note ... why are so many Americans such loser idiots:
Article Wrote:However, many people attended the film dressed in Batman-related costumes.

EDIT: I did not start this thread, nor do I wish it was even in existence. The above remark was made as a personal bias. I had no idea that costumes, of all things, was going to be such a hot button.
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: 12 shot dead at 'Dark Knight Rises' screening in Aurora, Colorado
(July 20, 2012 at 12:14 pm)Cinjin Wrote: On a side note ... why are so many Americans such loser idiots:
Article Wrote:However, many people attended the film dressed in Batman-related costumes.

Americans are loser idiots for being hyped about a film? That's ridiculous.
[Image: hoviksig-1.png]
Ex Machina Libertas
(July 20, 2012 at 12:19 pm)Hovik Wrote:
(July 20, 2012 at 12:14 pm)Cinjin Wrote: On a side note ... why are so many Americans such loser idiots:

Americans are loser idiots for being hyped about a film? That's ridiculous.

Yep. Dressing up like a superhero to see a movie makes you an idiot in my book. Call me an ass ... that's where I stand.

(well, unless you're a grade-schooler Undecided )

(July 20, 2012 at 12:22 pm)Cinjin Wrote:
(July 20, 2012 at 12:19 pm)Hovik Wrote: Americans are loser idiots for being hyped about a film? That's ridiculous.

Yep. Dressing up like a superhero to see a movie makes you an idiot in my book. Call me an ass ... that's where I stand.

(well, unless you're a grade-schooler :/ )

Okay. Ass.
[Image: hoviksig-1.png]
Ex Machina Libertas
(July 20, 2012 at 12:23 pm)Hovik Wrote: Okay. Ass.

lol ... did you dress up in a costume recently to see a movie? Planning on it?
Have you ever been Darth Maul with a plastic sword standing in front of a bunch of 15 year old girls who were laughing hysterically?

Cosplay is awesome... and it gets you all the geeky/nerdy ladies.

Met my girlfriend in costume... 5 hours later was in bed with her. I'll take being declared an idiot for such a reward Wink

Really wonder why you think costume-wearing is idiotic... especially coming from an artist such as yourself Tongue

(July 20, 2012 at 12:27 pm)Cinjin Wrote: Have you ever been Darth Maul with a plastic sword standing in front of a bunch of 15 year old girls who were laughing hysterically?

I would hope not, since the related movie was terrible. Thinking
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Sae, someone is trying to taake over your kingdom of crazyness, get him!
(July 20, 2012 at 12:46 pm)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote: Cosplay is awesome... and it gets you all the geeky/nerdy ladies.

Met my girlfriend in costume... 5 hours later was in bed with her. I'll take being declared an idiot for such a reward Wink

Really wonder why you think costume-wearing is idiotic... especially coming from an artist such as yourself Tongue

I never said costume-wearing is idiotic as a matter in general. I have worn several costumes in my life.
What I said was loser idiots dress up like their heroes and wear them to see a movie. There's a time and a place for everything I suppose, but dressing up like a child's hero and going to a public event that is not even close to being a designated costume party makes you a bit of loser in my own humble opinion.

Like I said, if that makes me an ass, than so be it. Tongue

(July 20, 2012 at 12:52 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Sae, someone is trying to taake over your kingdom of crazyness, get him!

They may try, but they shall never succeed!

It's far too much to bear Tongue
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Ah, another thread devolved into flexing one's ideals. How exciting.

On an on-topic note, this is terribly sad. If there has to be a thread about it, why can't it be a thread where people express their sadness? I'm seriously tempted to split this.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Last Movie You Watched Foxaèr 5437 476062 April 23, 2024 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 3710 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 774 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 571 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 456 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 472 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  See Uranus and moon in binoculars, March 6, 2022 Jehanne 3 464 February 28, 2022 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1614 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  An important dressing question Foxaèr 18 516 September 6, 2021 at 5:52 am
Last Post: brewer
  You're a superhero Foxaèr 24 1412 May 15, 2021 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Divinity