Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone have one reason that supports infallibilty?
Does anyone have one reason that supports infallibilty?
Just one...

This is asked from atheists and deists...

2 Corinthians 11:12-15
New International Version (NIV)

12 And I will keep on doing what I am doing in order to cut the ground from under those who want an opportunity to be considered equal with us in the things they boast about. 13 For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.
RE: Does anyone have one reason that supposts infallibilty?
Um...what?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
RE: Does anyone have one reason that supposts infallibilty?
(July 20, 2012 at 3:26 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Um...what?

Huh?
RE: Does anyone have one reason that supports infallibilty?
Exactly.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Exactly what? You didn't say anything...
no . . .wot . . . 42 ?

Regards

Grimesy
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

Well does anyone have a reason against it then?
catfish Wrote:Exactly what? You didn't say anything...

Before I could say anything of substance, I would have to understand what you are trying to say. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you meant 'supports' not 'supposts,' but I am still unaware of what you're asking. Infallibility of whom?
Of the Bible... The spelling error has already been corrected, look up ^.

I've heard boths sides of the debate and it seems like nobody sees what I see. I thought maybe an atheist would have a different take on it but it seems like the same-ole, same-ole. Neither side has actually read the Bible I think...
I can't really help you on that, because I've only read Revelations. It's the only book that's interested me in the slightest. I prefer to read good fiction.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How much influence does he have? zwanzig 32 3044 September 13, 2021 at 11:24 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] Do we have any female Christians left? If not, anyone is welcome to comment. Losty 34 3403 May 13, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: WolfsChild
  Another reason why Christians go to church Alexmahone 40 4787 August 20, 2018 at 10:35 am
Last Post: Cod
  Human Reason and Christian Denominations Bahana 92 15098 April 20, 2018 at 9:25 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 15041 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christians: Does Your God Have Testicles and Ovaries? chimp3 97 18425 April 1, 2018 at 1:37 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Reason why aliens coming here will want to kill us Fake Messiah 20 6168 October 11, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why Lust is bad, not gonna use "sin" reason but logical reason Rispri 27 5556 March 4, 2017 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  There's a Reason Why Christians do Stupid Things Rhondazvous 37 6999 October 26, 2016 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Does Pope Francis have a fantasy-prone personality disorder? Jehanne 117 16870 August 15, 2016 at 5:30 am
Last Post: GUBU