Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any Arab Atheists here?
any Arab Atheists here?
I'm from Bahrain, 23 years old, male.

there are a lot of closeted atheists in Bahrain, the community treats them as "don't ask don't tell", the younger ones are more open about it & don't mind mentioning that they're atheists, especially if their families are more open minded.

while its not as dangerous to be an atheist in Bahrain as it is in most Arab countries, some people still don't want to talk about it because of the reaction they might get from their families (there are no honor killlings or such things in Bahrain), the more religious families might disown their relatives.

you would be surprised to know that I haven't talked to a single Bahraini atheist, I know this mostly from observation & second hand information, I might get into more detail in another time.
RE: any Arab Atheists here?
Welcome aboard, Mr. Bahraini. Hope you enjoy your time with us. Jump on in and get involved. There is at least one other person of Arab descent here, I believe I saw that you had already found their post. Can't say if there are more, I just joined a few days ago. But no matter, there are plenty of people here and you will soon find some awesome people to interact with.
"Stop chasing your tail and relax. Jesus is watching you make shit up." Shell B to CliveStaples

(July 21, 2012 at 12:31 am)cato123 Wrote:
(July 21, 2012 at 12:22 am)C.W. Sims Wrote: I for one, as a homo, must say that if he was a homo, then he had to have looked fabulous on that cross. Nearly naked, body all ripped, oh wait.... yeah, never mind. I'm gonna just stop right there before I offend anyone. ROFLOL

I have a certain distaste for the emoticons, and particularly despise the laughing/rolling dude when used in response to one's own statement, but.....

Holy fuck that was funny! "Nearly naked, body all ripped,....". Oh, fuck me. I'm still laughing but can no longer piss myself since I've emptied the tank.
Welcome to our forum. :3
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
I'm not an Arab, I'm from London, so there are probably more Islamic people around me here than there are in Bahrain, so do I sort of count?
Welcome friend, sit have a coffee we will talk soon, you will enjoy the company here.
Hey there. Welcome to AF.

There are several Arab members here. Not all of them are atheists, but most of them know atheists of similar heritage, to my knowledge. Either way, you are welcome here.
shlownak haha i am Arab but we've already met ..... i would like to see more i know their is allot of us
shlown al watha fi al ba7rain???
Big Grin
!!!هلا باهل البحرين

I'm new here too, so I don't have enough street cred to say "Welcome Aboard", but you're definitely not alone Smile

I'm not sure if it's some kind of coincidence, but I can't help but notice that there has been a sudden, sharp spike in the number of Muslims leaving their religion behind over the past 48 hours.

Please stay safe. I don't recall what the penalty for delcaring your apostasy is in Bahrain, but don't you even think of crossing that bridge over to my neck of the woods. You're a smart guy, you can probably tell where that is Wink
hello and welcome to af.org. nice to know atheism(why does that word exist?) isnt an offence in Bahrain.
thanks everybody for the warm welcome.

Quote:shlownak haha i am Arab but we've already met ..... i would like to see more i know their is allot of us
shlown al watha fi al ba7rain???

ana zain, enta sh5barek?

well, bahrain is a mess, the government is still massacring its people for demanding freedom & democracy, its never going to end well.

Quote:!!!هلا باهل البحرين

I'm new here too, so I don't have enough street cred to say "Welcome Aboard", but you're definitely not alone

I'm not sure if it's some kind of coincidence, but I can't help but notice that there has been a sudden, sharp spike in the number of Muslims leaving their religion behind over the past 48 hours.

Please stay safe. I don't recall what the penalty for delcaring your apostasy is in Bahrain, but don't you even think of crossing that bridge over to my neck of the woods. You're a smart guy, you can probably tell where that is

Quote:hello and welcome to af.org. nice to know atheism(why does that word exist?) isnt an offence in Bahrain.

I don't know if its an offense or not, & even if it is, in my 23 years of living here, I have never heard of anyone that was charged with leaving Islam, meanwhile, I've had a friend that declared that his father was an atheist, I have four neighbors that are atheist (its a rumor in our neighborhood, but I'm almost positive that they are), I've had a girlfriend that told me that her uncle was an atheist, & a friend that told me her brother was an atheist, not to mention two political parties that are flooded with "closeted" atheists, & none of them have been charged with leaving Islam, being born none-Muslim is not a crime & THAT I'm positive about, though I don't know if leaving Islam is, I'm not gonna risk it regardless.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Hey- new here. Any other teens? kaliedoscope 22 3124 February 16, 2015 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: Losty
  New member here to learn from atheists. libertysecularism 27 7700 August 27, 2013 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Hello I am new here. I am an ex christian and here are some of my beliefs p90powa 23 6689 June 2, 2013 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: Pandas United