Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God Games
God Games
So, I've been looking into installing Black and White onto my PC, a god game where you basically have rule over the lands and do what you see fit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_%26_W...ideo_game)

Does anyone know where I can download it for free (currently torrenting it but not sure if it will work).

I'd buy it off eBay for cheap but I don't have a disc drive so downloading is the only way I can play...

Also, share any other 'god' style games if you like. Always interested in something new to play.

And where I can download it if possible Wink
RE: God Games
Populos (Populous?). There was a great version for PS1, believe it was put together by Petroglyph? If you have an emulator, I'd suggest that one, it was awesome. You get to be an angry tribal weathergod exterminating other tribes and weathergods through your shamans earthly presence...hehehehe.

Speaking of Black and White btw, your best course of action is to raise your little godly pet for direct combat with others. Being a "good god" is great insofar as remotely influencing the competitions population, but if you cannot defeat his avatar in direct combat any gains will be short lived. IOW, make it a habit to abuse your avatar. Make him mean.

(constantly hurl shit at the others guys btw, so that they're soft when you send in the troops. It's an inexpensive and effective solution -especially compared to miracles-)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Lol that game is older than me. Doubt I will play it, but I know it's supposed to be the first god game so to speak Tongue
No no no, the Popolus franchise is old, and the older pc versions are tedious little city builders. The one I'm talking about was a much more recent facelift for consoles. It's actually very pretty, very fun.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Oh right, didn't know there was one for consoles, I'll check it out.

This the game you're talking about Rhythm?

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/populous_the_beginning

It's only $6, dunno what that is in real money.

Might have to buy it Wink
From Dust is a pretty good and unique game.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
I would also recommend From Dust. It is new and cool and much like the populous game that Rythm is talking about. You can get it from Steam.
Can't play that on my current pc, I'll be buying a new one by xmas though so I will probably look into it then Smile
How about an evolution game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spore_(2008_video_game)

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(August 6, 2012 at 1:27 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: How about an evolution game.

How about a god game... Wink

I've played spore before, it's alright, not my kind of game though.

I've given up on torrenting Black and White, too many compatibility issues, too much effort, too much of a piss take.

I'm probably gonna buy populous off of GOG.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, keep 'em coming Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upcoming games you want to play Foxaèr 13 2021 October 6, 2022 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  What are your top 5 video games of all time? T0 Th3 M4X 80 8344 May 22, 2022 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: emjay
  I sucked at video games. Brian37 16 2952 July 18, 2021 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The issue with Match-3 games Foxaèr 4 440 August 15, 2020 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Stream Switch games without a capture card. Mechaghostman2 0 376 November 24, 2019 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  Any sci-fi open world games? Mechaghostman2 9 1875 September 27, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Games still to be released in 2018 Foxaèr 9 1148 June 2, 2018 at 12:32 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  Of new homes and video games. Brian37 7 1148 May 25, 2018 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  No evidence to support link between violent video games and behavior Gawdzilla Sama 12 1796 January 21, 2018 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  Anybody here have any favorite Sega Genesis/Mega Drive games? ƵenKlassen 7 1218 November 18, 2017 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Cecelia